Worst Solo of All-time

Risquit said:
Yes, I do remember when "Sister Christian" came out. Even better, I remember when "Don't Tell Me You Love Me", from Night Ranger's first album, was in heavy rotation on MTV when MTV played music videos. I recall seeing Night Ranger for free at the California State Fair way back in 1983 (or 84?).

And in the early 90s, I had a roommate from Nebraska who played the drums to "Sister Christian" in the living room of my beach house here in San Diego. He had long hair and a tatoo of a hammerhead shark on his shoulder. He got more ass than a toilet seat...fine ass too, strippers and whatnot! Once, I walked into the bathroom and saw him boning one of the strippers on the floor (her name was Star). They both told me, between moans, that my mom called.

I remember all of this, but I don't remember the solo...
hah! knew i could count on your old ass to remember, risquit.

good story by the way. did the stripper have a friend for you?

No stripper for me from that guy's little friend. Although, a couple years later, I...get this...turned down an offer for a foursome with my buddy, his stripper girlfriend, and her bisexual dance partner from the same place! To this day, I don't know what the hell I was thinking!

The lesson, boys and girls, is this: It's always better to regret something you did do, than to regret something you didn't do.

Every slayer solo ever, they make Early iced earth solos sound like Malmsteena.
@the dood shitting on malsteen. Go fuck yourself, yes Yngwie can get boring but He has some killer solos, IE Disiples of Hell solo, check it out.

:tickled:

I think is very stupid to 'play' a guitar in front of 10000 people in the most ridiculous way... but it's more stupid if people are having a great time while their ears are bleeding...

\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

Jinn said:
Aye. Thankfully they all left to their own little shithole and stopped clogging up SoT.

good call silent song. my offer to punch Jack White is still active. I all I have to do is see him.

When the White Stripes were on Conan O'Brien last year, Jack played a really cool staccato slide solo on Conan's desk. I don't think he's such a bad guitar player, but he's vastly over-rated by the mainstream media. Or whatever you want to call Rolling Stone.

The worst solo is the most overrated one: Freebird.

It sucks. It's not good, it's just long, and therefore everyone loves it. No, I don't care, it sucks. I'm not listening to any other opinions on this. I'm being a close-minded asshole and I like it.

and speaking of Tom Morello...the solo to "bulls on parade" is the most overrated, shitty and uninspiring solo of all time...I think it got like #5 on "Guitar World's 100 greatest solos"...yeah, yeah I know it's a mag. but I think that's real rediculous.

PeeWee1473 said:
The worst solo is the most overrated one: Freebird.

It sucks. It's not good, it's just long, and therefore everyone loves it. No, I don't care, it sucks. I'm not listening to any other opinions on this. I'm being a close-minded asshole and I like it.

you suck