Best solo of all time

Dreadful said:
Cryptopsy - Dead and Dripping has a cool solo...::subwoofer hit::

Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Dream Theater - This Dying Soul (Intro mostly)
Liquid Tension Experiment - Paradigm Shift, and Acid Rain. (I love the whole song's)
Children of Bodom - Bodom Beach Terror

Scott Henderson- Well to The Bone
Fredrik Thorendal-Soul Burn
Guthrie Govan-Conford Amps DVD(the whole thing really)
Tony MacAlpine-Planet X live-Solo
Frank Zappa-Black napkins or Zoot Allures
Allan Holdsworth-Alphrazallan and Funnels from All Night Wrong
Stanley Jordan-Autumn Leaves (or any other track)
Hendrix - "Fire" from Woodstock
Leslie West-Mississippi Queen
Ted Nugent-Stranglehold
Steve Vai-Whispering a Prayer
Joe Satriani- Mystical Potato Headed Grove Thing or Satch Boogie
Alvin Lee-I'm Goin' Home
Lou Reed's guitar pickers on Intro to Sweet Jane
Jimmi Page- I Can't Quit You Baby 1970 live off new DVD
There was a Queen song but I can't remember which one it was.

Carcass - Carnal Forge (the 1st solo)
Opeth - The Drapery Falls
Opeth - A fair judgement
Porcupine Tree - Trains
In Flames - Zombie Inc
In Flames - December Flower

don't know if anyone's said it yet but Mike's solos are usually incredible. not blisteringly fast and cheesy but thoughtful and heartfelt. there, i said it, minion520!

The Grimace said:
That one Nevermore song on 'Dead Heart' where the dude does a sweep up into what sounds like the fastest single-note trill I've ever heard. I don't know if that thing is even possible, I've never seen it done, but that's what it sounds like. .

Mh, as some guy said here before you are talking about 'engines of hate' here. and jeff loomis does that solo live as well...he's underrated beyond compare when it comes to technical skill (i think he'd eat petrucci and various others here). in that specefic solo he does some sweeps and then goes directly into some tapping part. there was a live filming of engines of hate on the century media anniversary disc where you can partly see loomis playing it.

as for my fave guitar solo, well that's damn difficult.

shine on you crazy diamond by pink floyd surely comes to my mind...also dogs by PF.
the beforementioned deep peace solo is damn great too.
the first solo/lead spot in hope leaves by opeth (not sure if anyone knows them)
nevermore - the learning
the solo violin in 'dem andenken eines engels' by alban berg.

Is the dude who plays the December Flower solo in any other bands? I don't know death metal guitarists names, especially when they're all Alfredsson and Johansson and shit. I forget the guy's name but its in the booklet if anyone has it.

There's a lot of good soloing on DT's Images and Words...impresses me every time :) Maiden's "Wasted Years" someone said..Oooh yes. Så fucking cool.
Black Rose Immortal.
A Fair Judgement.
I can go on...but I won't :)

BurningSky said:
Is the dude who plays the December Flower solo in any other bands? I don't know death metal guitarists names, especially when they're all Alfredsson and Johansson and shit. I forget the guy's name but its in the booklet if anyone has it.

jesper, one of the guitarists for IF, is also in Dimension Zero.

NineFeetUnderground said:
actually jesper didnt do that solo. glenn lungrstom did if im not mistaken. he was also in dimension zero...and hammerfall...with jesper as well.

i never said jesper did it ;-) haha (the way i worded my statement was a safeguard, cause i wasn't sure if it was him or glenn)

and Ernie, the painkiller solo rules, song rules, album rules.
actually, i was trying to figure out today how they went from a crappy album, Turbo then to Ram it Down(which is better than turbo, IMO)..to one of their best releases, in fact the last before halford left (which i find weird) in Painkiller..