All Time Underrated Metal Guitarists

There are some truly unsung heros in this catagory.

Uli Jon Roth (Scorpions/Electric Sun)-Amazing guitarist, went from psychodelic hippy metal with the Scorps to reinventing the instrument and exploring Barogue violin transcriptions with his own unique flavor. Any guitarist worth his weight will agree that he invented the neo-classical style with his solo on The Sails of Charon from 1978's Taken By Force.

Michael Schenker (UFO/Scorps/MSG)-This is the first guy who made a song with a guitar solo. He took simple riffs and brought them to life with his feel and sense of melody. His extended guitar solo on Rockbottom from UFO's '79 release, Strangers in the Night, is an all time classic and a must for anyone's collection.

Glenn Tipton (Judas Priest)-A huge influence on metal guitar. This band defined metal. His riffs, harmonized leads and note choices steering away from the usual tonal modes, made an impact on metal that can't be equaled. Totally underrated and underappreciated as a guitarist.

Those are my most obvious choices...I'm interested to see what the forum has to add.

Peace!

Uli Jon Roth, Michael Schenker, Frank Marino!!!!!!!!!
The Sails of Charon is one of the best songs ever recorded IMO :kickass:
Check out my Picture with the Master Uli in 2004

Uli Jon Roth, Michael Schenker, Frank Marino!!!!!!!!!
The Sails of Charon is one of the best songs ever recorded IMO :kickass:
Check out my Picture with the Master Uli in 2004

Cool, where'd you take that pic?

Sails of Charon was groundbreaking, yet no one knows it but guitar players. IMO, as influential, if not more so, than Eruption.

Still So Many Lives Away from Earthquake is one of my all time favorite solos from any genre.

Uli Jon rules!:headbang:

It's outside Brick by Brick here in S.D., met Uli there he was opening up for MSG in 2004 got to see him there, san juan capistrano at the coach house & the 1st show of the tour at the HOB in hollywood, incredible got to meet him & spend time talking about guitars & music, i have live pictures too if you want some,
Also went to see him at the sky academy concerts in ucla, with all the guests that included Chris Impellitteri, Joe Stump, Jeff Scott Soto doing incredible versions of Well' burn the sky also one of my all time favorites,Pictured Life & In Trance, Uli let joe Stump do a song by himself & he did his instrumental versio of Still i'm sad, incredible shred feast, i have pictures from that show let me know if you want some of those too:kickass: :worship:

It's outside Brick by Brick here in S.D., met Uli there he was opening up for MSG in 2004 got to see him there, san juan capistrano at the coach house & the 1st show of the tour at the HOB in hollywood, incredible got to meet him & spend time talking about guitars & music, i have live pictures too if you want some,
Also went to see him at the sky academy concerts in ucla, with all the guests that included Chris Impellitteri, Joe Stump, Jeff Scott Soto doing incredible versions of Well' burn the sky also one of my all time favorites,Pictured Life & In Trance, Uli let joe Stump do a song by himself & he did his instrumental versio of Still i'm sad, incredible shred feast, i have pictures from that show let me know if you want some of those too:kickass: :worship:

Sounds like a good time.

Electric Sun's Earthquake and Fire Wind are two of the most inspiring guitar albums ever recorded!:headbang:...but let's just say that Uli's vocals are an acquired taste.