Most Underrated Metal Guitarists?

That one called... Kirk Hammett. :worship: Any metal guitarist when he first took a guitar wanted to play something from him.
He influenced all of us and all of current bands.

The virtuosism is not only play fast notes and strange scales, it is also to compose the right notes and silences to make magic.

Thank you Kirk. :headbang:

That one called... Kirk Hammett. :worship: Any metal guitarist when he first took a guitar wanted to play something from him.
He influenced all of us and all of current bands.

The virtuosism is not only play fast notes and strange scales, it is also to compose the right notes and silences to make magic.

Thank you Kirk. :headbang:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha! :lol:
Seriously though, can anyone on this forum honestly say that they have never played any of Kirks stuff? ;)

I definitely did back when I was first starting. I don't know if I've already mentioned him in this thread (major fail if I have!), but Dan Spitz was amazing for Anthrax, I know he wasn't mega technical, but his solo's were very very memorable, and to be honest Rob Caggiano doesn't hold a candle to Dan from what I've seen in a lot of their live stuff. Rob doesn't seem to play many leads live, which really disappoints me. All I can hope for is that Dan comes back and Anthrax will be back to how they once were!

Jim Matheos-Fates Warning

kinda old but still good
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeuTS0VHet4&feature=PlayList&p=D1D3DC8A8E9B9F80&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=35[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quo409XuRnU&feature=related[/ame]

but to say he's underrated is fucking retarded. No offense.

Agreed.

To quote Reb Beach:

I don't know the guy [Kirk], but I think he's one of the worst guitar players I've ever heard in my life. I've never heard a solo from that guy that was any good. . . This guy is out of tune, and his vibration... what is it? Vibrato. Oh my god. It sounds like a beginner.

He continued, "Back in the '80s, he was always voted best guitar player, and I'm like, 'What?! That guy is terrible.'

I hate to say that because I might meet him one day.

What's he play in? MEGADETH? METALLICA? Is he in METALLICA? Oh, then I have no problem doing that because in their biggest video, 'Nothing Else Matters', when they threw darts at a poster of Kip Winger, and then they showed it live — 20,000 people every night laughing at WINGER — I don't mind saying that Kirk Hammett sucks.

I know alot of people on here definately know them, but I think that Marten Hagström and Frederik Thordendal are pretty underrated, and yes I know that Frederik's solo style is pretty much an Alan Holdsworth knockoff at times, but that doesn't mean it still isn't cool as shit, and they're definately two very solid rythym players, especially considering all the weird shit they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've played a few Kirk licks in my day, but to say he's underrated is fucking retarded. No offense.

Chryst the Thread is UNDERRATED GUITARIST. It's not fucking retarded to say Kirk Hammett is underrated. And saying that you offend. He is not the best but he is not the worst and he was important in Metal guitar although someone thinks the opposite. I only say he is a "star", if you will, for playing in a famous band like Metallica but between musicians he is underrated.

:headbang: