Worst Solo of All-time

PeeWee1473 said:
The worst solo is the most overrated one: Freebird.

It sucks. It's not good, it's just long, and therefore everyone loves it. No, I don't care, it sucks. I'm not listening to any other opinions on this. I'm being a close-minded asshole and I like it.
you obviously haven't heard this version of it:

Dream Theater: Once in a LiveTime - 06 Take The Time
The ending solo-jam-breakdown is freakin awesome.

Silent Song said:

I'll have to check that out because I do like DT. Yeah I don't know what it is, but I just think that song's really overrated.

I think the solo I did on one of my originals is the worst I heard. I really hate it, but the rest of the band likes it. Thank God, it's the only solo I did, man I suck!!

Silent Song said:

blech. i've been a DT fan since circa '92 and I can't stand that solo. I love DT's music but when it comes to cover tunes...they blow.

i like DT's version better than the original. and yes, i still hate yngwie.

though i won't say DT is the best prog band, or best of anything. i'm not one of them

The worst solo I've ever heard has to be in Dream Theater's In The Name Of God. Ridiculously horrible solo in an otherwise really good song.

TheFourthHorseman said:
The worst solo I've ever heard has to be in Dream Theater's In The Name Of God. Ridiculously horrible solo in an otherwise really good song.
you mean ths really really fast piece of crap at the end...it almost sounds like one single alarm sound going off...it's that fast. bullshit. and they call that music?

i mean while jamming on stage, yeah thats good, 'cause after all it's a visual experience...but if it's on an album and it sounds like that...
ugh

I still stand by my opinion that Fred Durst has the worst voice in music. It especially shows in their fucking horrendous cover of Faith. The song is on EVERY time i go bowling, because they play the same music videos in a loop, and I go bowling at least once a week. His voice really makes me want to hang myself, it's that bad.

deliverance said:
I still stand by my opinion that Fred Durst has the worst voice in music. It especially shows in their fucking horrendous cover of Faith. The song is on EVERY time i go bowling, because they play the same music videos in a loop, and I go bowling at least once a week. His voice really makes me want to hang myself, it's that bad.

Fred Durst is an insult to artists everywhere.

ok a new record: the worst solo of all time is by the band who went before mine in last night's battle of the bands. good god, they were so stoned and out of key they probably forgot their band name.

it sounded like someone running over a guitar while taking a shit on a microphone. yeah. :yuk:

Themoor666 said:
dude, I know this is kinda off topic, but despite being such a cheesey song, "The Final Countdown" by Europe sort of has a good solo in it

Its classic cheese