Favorite song of all time

Yikes:

DT - Metropolis Pt. 1
Vanden Plas - Iodic Rain and I Don't Miss You...I consider them one track for some reason
That's all I can think of at the moment that would strike me as my favorite song(s) of all time.

Kenneth R. said:
Everon rules

Indeed they do and are surprisingly unheard of considering their Venus album in 1997 was tipped to make them bigger in the prog genre/s. Funnily enough, Venus is my least fave from their 6 albums to date!

Everon are a band who create music that is unique and beautiful.They are not your stereo type prog rock/metal band and mix up some mainstream styles mainly from the 80's/early 90's with pomp/art rock such as Rush. Oliver Philipps writes some tasteful lyrics too even if a lot of them are to do with love and relationships!!

Dream Theater - Learning to Live
Metallica - One
Metallica - Fade to Black
Opeth - The Drapery Falls
2Unlimited - The Real Thing (10 points for anyone who remembers this Eurodance act.. I used to be a big fan from age 6-10.)

If I had to pick just one, I think it would "S.A.T.O." by Ozzy. Randy Rhoads kills on this song. But there are so many... "Where Eagles Dare" and "Hallowed Be Thy Name" from Maiden are up there. Maiden got me into metal, way back in, like, 1983; so, they hold quite a place for me.

karelrulez said:
2Unlimited - The Real Thing (10 points for anyone who remembers this Eurodance act.. I used to be a big fan from age 6-10.)
Really, who around here wasn't? ;) Any German/Dutch aged ~25 who doesn't remember the creators of masterpieces like "Tribal Dance" and "Let The Beat Control Your Body" hardly deserves to live.

This is such a big call as my current list of cd's is huge...

i'd have to say my fav atm would have to me

Dragon Force - Valley of the Damned or
Symphony X - The Odyssey
The Odyssey is just so bloody epic !
Or Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name

thre are 100's of songs i could list here but those are the Top 3

Ret- said:
I cant just pick ONE but my top10 faveourites would have to be

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Nile - Unas Slayer of the Gods
Symphony X - The Oddyysey
Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie
Pink Floyd - High Hopes
Nightingale - The Glory Days (the Nightfall Overture version)
Opeth - Wreath (I would pick Bleak over this... but with this song it relates to some really good memories ;))
Decapitated - Three-Dimensional Defect
Deströyer 666 - Genesis To Genocide

Some of these would change by the month or so though...

Nice to see another NZer with sweet music taste :kickass:

Some of my favorite songs. It's impossible to choose only one...

Fates Warning - Guardian
Symphony X - Odyssey
Scald - Sepulchral Bonfire
Dream Theater - Metropolis pt.1
Queensryche - Suite Sister Mary
Orphaned Land - Of Temptation Born
Psychotic Waltz - I of the Storm

I thought I would add I Remember You from skid row. That is my favorite ballad. Followed by, fly to the angels from Slaughter. Followed by to To Be With You from Mr. Big. Followed by Every rose has it thorn. Followed my patience from G&R

the list goes on and on...

god damn, i love ballads...

I gonna have to mention flying in a blue dream from joe also. That song blows my fucking mind.

From SyX = Rediscovery.

Non-SyX:

"We Rock" - Dio
"Balls To the Wall" - Accept
"Can U Deliver" - Armored Saint
"Devil's Child" - Judas Priest

And many more, but those are the ones that come to mind right now.

these days I cant decide if my favourite song is the first or the second crimson (EOS) :lol: theyre both so amazing for different reasons! But I have to add them to my list of all time favourite songs for sure! oh and I dont think I added Master's Apprentice (Opeth) - that song is just.. *makes zombie noises and drools*