Favourite Band

Start with with their first CD, The Light. Then try Beware Of Darkness. They aren't metal, but good
prog rock with some heavier stuff. The Doorway is one of my favorite songs. Really good musicians.

Former Enchant's singer Ted Leonard went to Spock's, drummer is the one
toured with them and supporting Nick's work. The beard is still alive!!!!!!!!!!

Please,check on youtube soul seller's video "Wings of freedom",it's a new italian
melodic aor band ,they've got their first official cd and is going to get good marks,tell me what you think and post some review,they deserve all the best
for this strong effort

^It's a "100 guitarists with the highest status" -list. Of course it makes no sense in terms of playing ability.

When I saw that list I just laughed. I read an article that someone wrote about it, and it was pretty bad too

read that list too,no Gary Moore no Steve hackett,the guy who didi that list
doesn't know anybody but hendrix,Iommi,Page

Having Page up there is funny, cause he's notorious for his sloppiness.

Not a dig at LZ. Love or hate them, you can't say that their guitar work is what you'd call "technically flawless".

S-X, Anathema, My Dying Bride, DT, Amaseffer, King Crimson, Van der Graaf Generator, Angra...

Allan Holdsworth will NEVER make it on a Rolling Stone list for anything.
And that's a good thing. ;)

I don't know most of the guitarrists in the list. Besides Allan Holdsworth, Uli Roth, Michael Schenker and Yngwie Malmsteen are not in the list either.

Having Page up there is funny, cause he's notorious for his sloppiness.

Not a dig at LZ. Love or hate them, you can't say that their guitar work is what you'd call "technically flawless".

Technical flawlessness is irrelevant in his case. He is awesome and deserves his place as a constant in all these top guitarists-things.

like all top xx lists, they're just a gauge of popularity.

Seems to me it's much more of a "status" thing, like Wander wrote. That's not quite the same as popularity, you don't see any flavour of the month type of stuff there. Unfortunately that kind of listing also excludes any lesser known geniuses, but that's just the way it is with lists like this.