Favourite Band

but who’s to say what the next album will be, it maybe something completely different. Who the hell knows as we like to mix it up a little bit.
I think at this point anyone who was willing to bet $50 on the next album being a major change in direction away from PL/IC would essentially be throwing away $50, but that's just my prediction.

^ I agree... but I hope that we are wrong. I remember Romeo mentioning that he was enjoying "Egyptian-type scales", which WOULD change the sound dramatically, if used... but I doubt the inclusion will be anything more than al little hint here or there.

I still haven't listened to the new Steven Wilson album, but I am very excited to. I have the album sitting right on my shelf... next in the list :D I love Steve and Porc Tree. Some of my favourites of all time.

Yeah Portnoy's not really a guy with a taste in music worth paying attention to. I seem to recall him having Death Magnetic as #1 on his list the year it came out.

And yet his list has a lot in common with the lists posted here. Smells like irony!

Meh, I wouldn't say his taste sucks. The list has a couple of decent albums. He also seems to like some good movies/TV series so good for him. Now, that doesn't mean that he's capable of producing amazing music himself, but that's a different matter.

Meh, I for one enjoyed IC. NOT just because it's SymX. Cool album. I like it more than PL for sure. But clearly it's not in the same league as V or Odyssey etc.

2011 was an okay year. Not the best, but some cool albums (I place IC here), and a couple of gems.