Favourite Band

Oh yeah, as for Killers, I definitely prefer the debut as it has way more hooks and melodies. The only really remarkable thing to me on Killers, besides the instrumentals, is the song "Prodigal Son".

And yeah to everyone else, I could think of many other bands too(Zeppelin, Queensryche(until promised land). But my point earlier was that Symphony X from 1995 onward were the type of band who could not write a really bad SONG or even a mediocre one pre-PL; now they can't even release a decent ALBUM. Frankly, it worries me.

23 april in europe,9 may in usa,don't miss the new Ayreon's "lost in the new real",this time with no special guests apart Rutger Hauer. I'm crossing fingers ,how it will be?

Anyone heard of Kroke? I heard of the them for the first time last saturday and I'm really starting to fall in love with them! I'm gonna go see them in Sweden on April... You should check them out. :Spin: fox example songs like Russian Sher and Sun!

Yes, really good. But judging from how some people on another forum reacted to it, you need to be able to listen to lyrics like:

and my love will never die
and my feelings will always shine

without cringing to really enjoy it.

the thing is, based on the shit those people went through, the lyrics are very obviously heart-felt, and work perfectly with the music.

and some of them are really nicely crafted:

inside this cold heart is a dream
this slot in the box that i keep
buried a hundred miles deep
deep in my soul in a place
that is surrounded by aeons of silence

and somewhere inside is the key
to everything i want to feel
but the darks of the dawns of my memory
are lost in a place i can never be

I'm all for a prog or metal song that doesn't include the cliche phrases about "reality" and "power" and "break" etc. So anti-adrenaline mob style.

In other news: The new Eluveitie is shockingly awful. It sounds like they listened to last years' Turisas effort (which was excellent) and tried unsuccessfully to emulate.

At 3:03, I was praying it would fade into A Fool's Paradise which would have been much more appreciated, stunning and just sweet. Eve of Seduction's great, but I'm telling you, fading into AFP would have been epic...they at least could have done it for his bday!!! All of this followed by Rediscovery of course ;)

I've been listening to Rediscovery a lot lately, and if they never play this song live it will be a crime against humanity. The other day I made a loop of the bass groove in the middle of the song and have listened to it on repeat for hours now. Seriously, what an emotive piece of music. The piano is haunting.

Symphony X conspiracy! The very last lyrics in V are "can we change?"

Also, is it me or do MJR and Chuck Billy look alike?