Favourite Band

I just thought it was funny that the last line in V said that, and then the band leaned towards a heavier direction with their music.

I've been listening to Rediscovery a lot lately, and if they never play this song live it will be a crime against humanity. The other day I made a loop of the bass groove in the middle of the song and have listened to it on repeat for hours now. Seriously, what an emotive piece of music. The piano is haunting.

AHHH just getting into this thread made me put on Rediscovery.. I played the first few minutes of it the other day for some people at a wedding (lol) and all they said when the piano came in was, god its so mysterious....

If you think that's the coolest...

The guests at my wedding were partying down to all kinds of tasteful stuff. Crimson, Genesis, Porcupine Tree, Maiden... I think there was even an Amorphis tune. Lots of Peter Gabriel. Zero top 40 post-90's.

I'd expect something more-so like:

"Where's the singing?"
"This is weird."
...or for them to completely zone out altogether.

That too. Someone did say 'its all instruments' and judging by the looks on their faces, they had to have zoned out for a bit, and probably thought it was a bit weird too...

^ Coolest wedding guests ever!

Did I mention my car was painted green as well? It was on St Pattys day so i figured what the hell... Symphony X + Green Car = Awesome wedding.

My favorite band changes a lot, but usually it always comes back to Symphony X.
Dream Theater is very arguable in my head, but... it's just not the same.

Metal, Symphony X.
Old School Rock, Pink Floyd.

Animals is one of the best albums ever, non-negociable.

What the hell...I just got really confused for some reason. I read Pink Floyd but I was thinking Rush in the back of my mind. I don't even like Rush!

Now you're being just way too controversial man:lol:
It's the truth. In my industry, we have WAY too many hippies who are the types that the very first thing they want to do after I give them a kicking new sound system is to clamber for their favorite PF disc (usually Dark Side or The Wall, ugh) and crank it while they act high.

Couldn't we have left that in the 70s?

Lol, you guys. You could have least went with Animals or Meddle if you didn't want to give credit to their two most popular albums.

And what does fan reaction have to do with a band's music being worth listening to?