Favourite Band

Too soon to tell ,but early 2014 it will come out the new Transatlantic,it's a pity I can't afford "Progressive nation at the sea",a cruise with them and many other prog bands in february but I will wait for them live in Milan in march.If it is also the half of "Whirlwind" ,it will be a masterpiece

SMPTe is the only album of Transatlantic in my playlist, and it's mostly because of the fantastic opening track, and the Venus de Milo part in particular. That bit is brilliant.

That Iceland project seems pretty inconsistent and bad, even if some of the guitarwork sounds solid. Their vocalists and songwriting are definitely not my cup of tea.

Symphony X by a long shot. Although Amaranthe is creeping its way up there, but they are sorta new so they only have 2 albums. I have all of their SX's albums as well. I got into them through a free song download on Amazon.com and have since gotten all of their albums and have listened to all of them a countless number of times. But before I got into Symphony X and so many other prog/power metal bands, it was Fireflight or Skillet.

It's too hard to name a favourite band.
It's more about good albums for me.
That said, there are, in the metal genre, two albums that come very close to perfection to me:
- Dream Theater - Images & Words
- Circus Maximus - Isolate

I like everything CM has put out, but not everything DT has put out.
SX I like very much as well but there's too many songs I think are just OK, not great.

Symphony X by a long shot. Although Amaranthe is creeping its way up there, but they are sorta new so they only have 2 albums. I have all of their SX's albums as well. I got into them through a free song download on Amazon.com and have since gotten all of their albums and have listened to all of them a countless number of times. But before I got into Symphony X and so many other prog/power metal bands, it was Fireflight or Skillet.

The first Amaranthe is a guilty pleasure of mine. That chick's voice was so good. The second album just sounds like a Dragonforce tribute song on a 3:00 loop. Horrrrrible.

I have been listening to shitloads of Aphex Twin lately, so much so, that I would now consider Richard D James as one of my top 10 favourite artists.

MIKE LEPOND Working On 'Heavy/Power Metal' Solo Album:

SYMPHONY X bassist Mike LePond is working on first-ever solo album, to be released under the banner MIKE LEPOND'S SILENT ASSASSINS. He states: "It is a heavy metal/power metal record that combines all the influences of my favorite bands from the past and present. It is a full hour of headbanging riffs, kick-ass vocals, and epic tales. There is something in there for any style of metal you enjoy! Metal Mike (HALFORD, TESTAMENT) is on lead guitar and Alan Tecchio (AUTUMN HOUR, WATCHTOWER, HADES) is on vocals."

www.blabbermouth.net/news/symphony-...vypower-metal-solo-album/#Cb3SagiC1vDMYuvv.99

he raised 4000$ (out of 6000) in just ONE day! :OMG:

Impressive. Seems like kickstarter is now a sure fire way to get successful funding unless you have like zero fans. Those were some pretty sweet pledge rewards he put on there though.

Question: wtf is Romeo doing? The other guys have been involved with a ton of projects since Iconoclast. I'm not trying to downplay what it takes to compose Symphony X's music, but come on now...

TSO killed savatage because, as Jon Oliva admitted by the time of the first album and tour, he has made more money with TSO than he could ever dreamed of with Savatage.

That's not gonna happen to S-X

Yes, I know what happened. The money was part of it, the switching between Jon and Zak the other part. It's too bad, because Savatage I would have gone to see in concert. Even though they got a bit tired toward the end creatively.

Question: wtf is Romeo doing? The other guys have been involved with a ton of projects since Iconoclast. I'm not trying to downplay what it takes to compose Symphony X's music, but come on now...

Just a guess, but maybe writing for stuff for a next album? I saw in an interview MJR says he spends most of every day just playing and recording. and it's been almost three years since IC, so we're looking at like one or two more.

Of course this is just a guess? And if it IS the case, then it doesn't exactly bode well. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.