favourite metal song ever

My favorite metal-song of all time is without a doubt Guns N' Roses' "Nightrain"!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if this categorizes as metal, as I would say it's more heavy-rock, but here in Denmark most people don't call metal metal, but heavy, which includes stuff from glam shit from the 80's (Poison etc.) up to the evilest of the evil (Marduk, Cannibal Corpse, etc.).
After that I would say "Black No. 1" by Type O Negative, if that goes under the metal banner?!?!?!?
Then:
Opeth "Dirge for November"
Burzum "Det som engang var"
Iron Maiden "To tame a land"
Guns N' Roses "Coma"
(maybe) Iron Maiden "Rime of the ancient mariner"

None of the above is among the 20 best songs I've heard though! Although I like metal, I prefer other stuff. I prefer stuff like that I posted under the "Depressing songs" thread not so long ago! Of course a song like GN'R's "Nightrain" is better than for instance Gene & Debbe's "Let it be me", although this gives me a little chills when I hear it. That feeling usually make me like the song more than a song where I say "Yeah, this rocks!!!!", whether it be funk or metal, but there are a few exceptions, especially with the GN'R song, as it's the best "metal" song I've ever heard!!!
Hey by the way, what happened to that "now playing" thing? :confused:

by the way nocturnal emperor how come you choose an iron maiden song when you use the nickname you use and got an emperor band pic in your signature ?
Although this wasn't directed at me, I think I can answer it too; Lee Hazlewood is my favorite artist at the moment, but my favorite song of all time is George Gershwin's "Summertime". Type O Negative is my favorite band and has probably been since 1995 or something. Although their latest three records all are in my top 10 of records, they don't have any songs in my top 20!
"Summertime" is from "Porgy & Bess" and the rest of the musical is also pretty good, but the other stuff I've heard by Gershwin wasn't as good, and therefor he's not one of my favorite artists! I have loads of other examples of this, but it would be boring, both for you and for me, if I wrote them all here.

Whoa.. one song?? Could never ever pick just one, and I'd be here forever naming songs that I think could have at one time been my favorite. But im really suprised no one has mentioned one song that essentially started metal... Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath :headbang:

Man I hate it when a topic like this comes-up and people say 'oh that's sooooooo hard' and go-on to give a fucking LIST of songs. ONE song, ONE SINGLE song. goddammit if you can't find the tiniest edge to choose over don't bother posting dammit to hell WHAT'S THE POINT IN THROWING OFF A LIST WHEN IT ASKS FOR ONE!??!?!?!

*ahem* and yes I was joking, although Linkin Park 'Forgotten' at one point in time a long time ago was my favourite song ever. Just like anyone else here, i'll say this is a bitch of a question for me to answer, and there are a fuckload of songs I could put in here that all vie furiously for the place of my favourite metal song of all time.....but after a lot of thought and repeated listens, and even though the band who wrote it are far from my favourite, the song for me is...

The Crown 'Death Is The Hunter'

by the way nocturnal emperor how come you choose an iron maiden song when you use the nickname you use and got an emperor band pic in your signature ?

because first of all i am quite open minded and second of all the cradle version of that got me into cradle of filth which opened the gates for me and exposed me to other black metal groups such as emperor immortal etc.

P.S and the cradle of filth version just kicks so much fucking ass !

Originally posted by SculptedCold
...*ahem* and yes I was joking, although Linkin Park 'Forgotten' at one point in time a long time ago was my favourite song ever...

Am I the only one who sees the humor/irony in Sculpted's sig quote from Bruce & its correlation to his onetime favorite song? That's hilarious to me...:lol:

"One" by Metallica opened up the flood gates for me to hard music in general when I was just a little kid. I think I owe all of my musical taste to that song.

My first underground or brutal-ish metal song that i liked was "Bleak" by Opeth, so that also is one of my favorites.

Originally posted by markgugs

Am I the only one who sees the humor/irony in Sculpted's sig quote from Bruce & its correlation to his onetime favorite song? That's hilarious to me...:lol:

Hehe, yeah. :lol: I really did work from the ground-up with my music tastes. :)

Prong isnt metal jah, its like i dunno alternative almost to me...although its not bad, not bad at all i almost bought a prong cd.
My favorite metal song ever?
I absoloutely love Hammer Smashed Face, whenever my band gets together we always play that song, after that, probably No Remorse by MetallicA, the CC remastered version wasnt too great though.