• Gangland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Total Eclipse

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Hallowed Be Thy Name

Votes: 24 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Their music is loud, catchy, rhythmic, and pretty much the epitome of no-bullshit rock and roll. What else can I say? By what you have in your sig, you don't seem to listen to anything besides metal, so I don't see what makes you think your opinions on a non-metal band carry so much weight. Besides this, anyway:

Ok, for one, that's taken completely out of context. But anyhow, I obviously don't put non-metal bands in my sig because this is a metal forum. I'm not here to talk about blues. However, I listen to Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stevie Ray Vaughan, etc. I'll admit I mostly listen to metal, though. However, I've heard plenty of AC/DC. It isn't headbanging. Some of it is mildly catchy, but overall they're decent at best. Highly, highly overrated. And Angus Young is ridiculously overrated.

I love Maiden, but really don't like The Number of the Beast. I mean it's good to an extent, but doesn't even touch the surface of many of their other releases.

invishighfive.jpg

What could be funner then watching a bunch of pretentious wankers and poorly educated idiots chop up ONE OF THE GREATEST METAL RELEASES OF ALL TIMES.

Fuck you faggots who shut down other opnions and claim themselves to be metal gurus when most of you saying shit have no fucking clue how to find your own ass when it comes to metal.

That wasn't a direct shot at you.

And if it lowers your blood pressure a couple of ticks, I used to not like this album until one day it just clicked.

People are more likely to insult other people anonymously because when we do it in our daily lives there are consequences.

I mean, I'm still pretty insulting, but I still don't insult people bigger then me. To thier face.

I finaly gave in and voted for Hallowed Be Thy Name, but if I had of known it didn't have any votes I would of given my vote to 22 Acacia Avanue, both great songs.

I don't mean to perpetuate the off-topic discussion in this thread (not that anyone cares, probably), but as long as you idiots are continuing to take baseless potshots at AC/DC, I might as well continue countering them.

I'd like to hear any of you who are calling AC/DC "mediocre" name some bands of the same style who are less "mediocre" than they are. They were pretty much the loudest, most aggressive hard rock band of their time, they didn't compromise their sound with failed proggish experimentation, and they never went soft. Not to mention they wrote some of the most memorable riffs in hard rock. As far as I know, anyone who has even the slightest taste for blues-based hard rock can find AC/DC at least mildly enjoyable. They are one of the purest, down-to-the-basics rock and roll bands you can find. I see nothing mediocre about that.

To the "repetitive" claim: you're confusing "repetitive" with "formulaic". AC/DC obviously had a specific formula that they stuck to throughout their career. So does pretty much every metal band which has ever existed. I don't think anyone here has any serious beefs about a band being formulaic. "Repetitive" implies that they played the same riffs over and over again to the point of boredom, which they definitely did not. They came up with plenty of different riffs for each album.

If any of you have a response to this, please find something to say other than "nuh-uh". It helps to show a little intelligence when you're arguing your opinions.

Definately Hallowed Be Thy Name! That songs is amazing, purely genious, and the first song that got me into maiden.
The riff is one of my favorite, and probably maiden's best, and the lyrics are truly excellent. "If there's a god, why has he let me die?" One of my favorite lines from any song, and can be read at so many levels!

I don't mean to perpetuate the off-topic discussion in this thread (not that anyone cares, probably), but as long as you idiots are continuing to take baseless potshots at AC/DC, I might as well continue countering them.

I'd like to hear any of you who are calling AC/DC "mediocre" name some bands of the same style who are less "mediocre" than they are. They were pretty much the loudest, most aggressive hard rock band of their time, they didn't compromise their sound with failed proggish experimentation, and they never went soft. Not to mention they wrote some of the most memorable riffs in hard rock. As far as I know, anyone who has even the slightest taste for blues-based hard rock can find AC/DC at least mildly enjoyable. They are one of the purest, down-to-the-basics rock and roll bands you can find. I see nothing mediocre about that.

To the "repetitive" claim: you're confusing "repetitive" with "formulaic". AC/DC obviously had a specific formula that they stuck to throughout their career. So does pretty much every metal band which has ever existed. I don't think anyone here has any serious beefs about a band being formulaic. "Repetitive" implies that they played the same riffs over and over again to the point of boredom, which they definitely did not. They came up with plenty of different riffs for each album.

If any of you have a response to this, please find something to say other than "nuh-uh". It helps to show a little intelligence when you're arguing your opinions.

Let it go, man. Ac-Dc is good but they get old after a while.

I was surprised to see no. of the beast had only one vote and 22 Acacia Ave. had none.. Ive always had a soft spot for Children of the Damned .