• Watershed

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters

embrace.random

is on a boat.
May 12, 2009
England
Hey,

I dunno if this thread has been overdone, but I'm new here..

I voted Ghost Reveries, although I'm yet to hear Bogren's remix of Still Life, and with it being my favourite album I hope its sweet. Been advised to check out the 5.1 mix.

I like the raw sound of the Watershed album, raw but clear which is cool. But Ghost Reveries just has a much more coherent and gelled sound for me.

For 5.1: Still Life. I was very dissapointed by the GR and WS 5.1s.

For overall album... hmmm... either Ghost Reveries or Damnation for me.

obv morningrise is the only correct answer

Production? The bass guitar nothing below 200Hz lol. The only great sound from that album is the cymbals, specifically in TBYF.

Tbh, it's probably material my favourite album, even though I always say Still Life. Every song is perfect. Apart from Eternal Soul Torture.

The last two Daylight Dies, Earthsblood by God Forbid, Sudden Death Syndrome by Bilocate.
The last two Daylight Dies albums were self produced as far as I know, and engineered by their bassist, Jens did mix them however.

As for the poll, I voted Watershed for it's 5.1 mix.

Blackwater Parks production is one of the key factors that bought Opeth to the forefront of public attention (On the metal scene), that and the fact it is genius!

Klämrisk;8271374 said:
Damnation. It's almost perfect.

Watershed is too compressed :mad:
Watershed is too compressed? While I think almost all music is too compressed, I don't think Watershed is more compressed than other Opeth albums, Ghost Reveries is probably their most compressed release. Of course I am referring to the DTS mix, so it's likely less compressed since it has an extra 3 channels of headroom to work with, I am not too familiar with the CD's mix, so maybe you are correct.

Probably Ghost Reveries has the greatest production, but MAYH has my favorite production...it adds so much to the atmosphere of the album.
I also like the raw production of Orchid and Morningrise.