Favourite Ozzy album?

Now bear in mind, I think Jake E. Lee (have his 3 Badland albums, solo stuff, he's on the Rush tribute album, etc...)is the best Guitarist Ozzy had, some would argue the mighty R.R., but No Rest For The Wicked is my favorite. I also think that was the last good Osbourne album as well. I just don't like Ozzy's voice, but the musicians he's had....wow. They make up for his vocals.

I'll go with No Rest for the Wicked. Ozzy has never made a GREAT album like The Number of the Beast, Defenders of the Faith or Heaven and Hell, but No Rest for the Wicked is a pretty solid disc.

I'll go with No Rest for the Wicked. Ozzy has never made a GREAT album like The Number of the Beast, Defenders of the Faith or Heaven and Hell, but No Rest for the Wicked is a pretty solid disc.

I can never fault people for their opinions, but for my taste, Diary of a Madman is one of those great records. I still remember when it came out. It was right around the time of Screaming for Vengeance/Blackout/Number of the Beast (give or take), and it seemed like there was not limit to how great metal was going to get. For the mainstream stuff (which wasn't so mainstream at the time, of course), that turned out to be a peak year though. Great stuff followed, but it started to be a little spotty.

Great to see all the love for The Ultimate Sin! I could possibly call that the greatest but Diary of a Madman & No Rest will always fight with TUS for that title in my ears, depending on my mood.

I can never fault people for their opinions, but for my taste, Diary of a Madman is one of those great records. I still remember when it came out. It was right around the time of Screaming for Vengeance/Blackout/Number of the Beast (give or take), and it seemed like there was not limit to how great metal was going to get. For the mainstream stuff (which wasn't so mainstream at the time, of course), that turned out to be a peak year though. Great stuff followed, but it started to be a little spotty.
+ 10

for me:

1. Tribute
2. Diary of a Madman
3. Blizzard of Ozz
4. Ultimate Sin
5. Bark at the Moon

For the Zakk years... only No Rest for the Wicked... it was a ok album.. nothing special imo... Zakk has to be the most overrated guitarist there is... he's nothing special... just adequate...

Jake on the other hand is the most underrated... Zakk isn't close to Jake:

Last edited by a moderator:
You said it, man! I love his group Badlands. Got all 3 of their albums.

you got his 2 solo albums? the newer one with all covers is ok but i had to get it because aynsley dunbar is on drums. also jake is playing guitar on the new enuff znuff album

Now bear in mind, I think Jake E. Lee (have his 3 Badland albums, solo stuff, he's on the Rush tribute album, etc...)is the best Guitarist Ozzy had, some would argue the mighty R.R., but No Rest For The Wicked is my favorite. I also think that was the last good Osbourne album as well. I just don't like Ozzy's voice, but the musicians he's had....wow. They make up for his vocals.

the best guitar player he had was brad gillis

I've heard Gillis play, not as good as Jake. I think his partner Jeff Watson (Night Ranger, for those who don't know) is better than Gillis. Watson plays some killer leads on Tony Macaolpine's Maximun Security album. Jake E. Lee left Ozzy, to start his own band.

Watson plays some killer leads on Tony Macaolpine's Maximun Security album.

He does? I didn´t recall it, I recall George Lynch collaboration. I must check my copy of the album back home.
Love that album, was my first MacAlpine record and still hold it as one of his best up to this day.

have you even heard brad gillis play guitar :Smug:

I agree Gillis is far from a hack. That said I think the best guitarist Ozzy had was Jake his playing was the highlight on The Ultimate Sin. I was never a big Rhoads fans myself.... I know many arn't thrilled with Speak OF The Devil but Gillis' perfomance on that is stellar. As with the MTV concert that aired back in the early 80's....