best megadeth album

crystal dawn

Aug 10, 2004
u.k.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me that if i were to buy a megadeth album which one would be the best to buy, which one would you reccomend? whats your favourite megadeth album?

thanks

crystal dawn

:worship:

I'd also recommend "Rust In Piece"
It's a very unique album that shows off the tallents of the best Megadeth line up.
And there's tons of classic songs on it too :)

CRYSTAL DAWN my UK pal in metal...I gotta recommend PEACE SELLS BUT WHO'S BUYING. There are so many great Megadeth albums that you really can't go wrong with a lot of 'em but this one was my first and will always be special to me...just my opinion...

My personal favorite is Peace Sells...But Who's Buying, followed by Rust In Peace. Both total classics, and both worth buying. So do yourself a favor and get both albums, not just one of them.

Not to throw the negative vibe in here, but for whatever reason, I've never been able to get into Megadeth. Partially, at least, because of Dave's voice. Mostly though, they've always just seemed kinda average to me. I tried too, I really did. Picked up a few records over the years.....just never did it for me. Not my cuppa tea I guess.

This will be unpopular, but I've got to say Countdown is the best Megadeth album. They're all great (aside from Cryptic Writings and Risk,) and it's a toss-up for me between RIP and Countdown.
"Architecture of Aggression," "Foreclosure of a Dream," "Sweating Bullets" and the title track really represent Mustaine's songwriting (and singing!) at their peak.

tedvanfrehley said:
CRYSTAL DAWN my UK pal in metal...I gotta recommend PEACE SELLS BUT WHO'S BUYING. There are so many great Megadeth albums that you really can't go wrong with a lot of 'em but this one was my first and will always be special to me...just my opinion...

I agree with Ted.. but also get Rust in Peace with that... can't go wrong with those two...