favourite quotes

autumnsphere

Dreamer
Jan 12, 2004
neverland:)
"I was six when I saw that everything was God, and my hair stood up, and all that," Teddy said. "It was on a Sunday, I remember. My sister was only a very tiny child then, and she was drinking her milk, and all of a sudden I saw that she was God and the milk was God. I mean, all she was doing was pouring God into God, if you know what I mean."

J.D. Salinger, Teddy

"Inside my head's a box of stars i never dared to open
Inside the doors are sealed to love,
Inside my heart is sleeping
Inside the failures of the light, the night is wrapped around me
Inside my eyes deny their sight, you'd never find me in this place"

Sting, Inside

It was kind of hard for a while, just realising how powerful the name was. A lot of water has passed under the bridge and I'm really enjoying my life, and I am really happy doing the work that I am doing. I can't imagine a 'hell freezes over' tour to be honest with you. As far as i can see, it would still be allowing the numbers to rule. I can't think of any reason for me going back in and making a Pink Floyd record, and doing a short world tour, other than if I was to say, 'OK, you got me! I wanna be a big star, I want all of that crap, I want to re-embrace all that stuff I tapped when I wrote The Wall', and 'I want to change all my philosophies, everything that I've said and feel about my music and my own integrity, and my politics, everything about my life I would reneg now, and let's go out and make a lot of money together.' That is not going to happen. All of those things in my life that are really important to me, the music is really important to me, the kind of magic we had before we were succesful is really important to me. That connection between the performer and the audience, and the ideas, and the songs, I want to be part of THAT. I don't want any part of this, 'you know how much we grossed?' crap. I havent wanted that since 1977, when I said 'I don't want that, and I never want to do that again.' I still never want to do that again.
Roger Waters.

"Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained"

William Blake - The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

They've kind of missed the whole conception. I have nothing against sex, sex is fine. I hate seeing guys getting destroyed over girls or girls getting destroyed over guys and boy does it happen. And that's the worst thing that can happen in adolescence. Drinking and drugs are one thing but heavy-duty adult emotional relationships just fuck people up for life. It's not something to be toyed with and neither is sticking your dick into things, it's not to be toyed with. If a guy just wants to get off he's better off doing it in his hand but once your serious about a relationship, I think it's great, no problem. But chalking a notch into your penis I think is bullshit. If you're only trying to keep a score then you've really lost the game.
Ian Mackaye.

Strangelight said:
And that's the worst thing that can happen in adolescence. Drinking and drugs are one thing but heavy-duty adult emotional relationships just fuck people up for life.

I like that part of it, true... dunno, just could never understand girls at the age of 15 or 16 losing themselves in so serious relation... they have enough time for this for their whole life, why starting it so early?

My aunt met her future husband when she was 14, spent 25 years with him before she ended up setting their house on fire, so true dat, I guess.

"I feel tremendous guilt for any sexual feelings I have, so I end up spending my entire life feeling sorry for fancying somebody. Even in school I thought girls were so wonderful that I was scared to death of them. I masturbate a lot. That's how I deal with it."
Thom Yorke.

its an old well known one but I still like it...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
Friedrich Nietzsche

toolsofthetrade said:
something tells me, off of yer posts Duncan, that u have hard skin on yer hands other than playing bass and that ;)

None of them are my quotes. Ive written the names of the people underneath each quote like. And no, I have soft hands from doing the dishes every day.

@Dragonlady
huh, where did your post go?
I LOVE Wind, Sand, and Stars!!!

“There is no joy except in human relationships.”

Saint-Exupery, Wind, Sand and Stars

"The West (thus) developed a new disease: the conflict between science and religion. The critical philosophy of science became as it were negatively metaphysical - in other words, materialistic - on the basis of an error of judgement; matter was assumed to be a tangible and recognizable reality. Yet this is a thoroughly metaphysical concept hypostasised by uncritical minds. Matter is an hypothesis. When you say "matter" you are creating asymbol for something unknown, which may just as well be a spirit or anything else; it may even be God."

C.G. Jung

(got something to say Frodnat?)