favourite quotes

"The most merciful thing in the world . . . is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents"

H.P. Lovecraft

"The voyage of the best ship is in zigzag line of a hundred tacks. This is only microscopic criticism. See the line from a sufficient distance and it straightens itself to the average tendency. Your genuine action will explain itself and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing"

Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"

autumnsphere said:
@Dragonlady
huh, where did your post go?
I LOVE Wind, Sand, and Stars!!!

“There is no joy except in human relationships.”

Saint-Exupery, Wind, Sand and Stars

dunno, that was so personal... but that book is boss, one of me alltime favorites, I like St. Exupery in general and Le Petit Prince is far underrated as book for children, it has so many wise quotes in it, even if its written in a simple way, there are deep meanings behind...

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple : on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
(It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.)
The Little Prince (St. Exupery)

:worship:

Strangelight said:
They've kind of missed the whole conception. I have nothing against sex, sex is fine. I hate seeing guys getting destroyed over girls or girls getting destroyed over guys and boy does it happen. And that's the worst thing that can happen in adolescence. Drinking and drugs are one thing but heavy-duty adult emotional relationships just fuck people up for life. It's not something to be toyed with and neither is sticking your dick into things, it's not to be toyed with. If a guy just wants to get off he's better off doing it in his hand but once your serious about a relationship, I think it's great, no problem. But chalking a notch into your penis I think is bullshit. If you're only trying to keep a score then you've really lost the game.
Ian Mackaye.

These heavy-duty emotional relationship Ian Mackaye is talking of, has nothing to do with a relationship between adults. He is talking about adult-children... That´s a totally different thing... :err:

DragonLady1 said:
dunno, that was so personal... but that book is boss, one of me alltime favorites, I like St. Exupery in general and Le Petit Prince is far underrated as book for children, it has so many wise quotes in it, even if its written in a simple way, there are deep meanings behind...

I don't think there is even one intelligent person who thinks "Le petit prince" is a children book, it's one of the greatest things ever written. It's a book for people who never grow up. Like me. :wave: Yeah, i guess we could start posting quotes from it, we'll have to post the whole book.

"Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them"

Exupery

I actually think there is a natural line between the band and its audience- i mean you literally have someone dispensing the music and others receiving it and i'm into that. things get weird when that line gets exaggerated and becomes a barrier in the sense that one side is privileged against the other.
Guy Picciotto.

passion2.jpg

turn the other cheek

Herod:
Jesus I am overjoyed to meet you face to face
You've been getting quite a name all around the place
Healing cripples raising from the dead
And now I understand you're God
And least that's what you've said
So you are the Christ you're the great Jesus Christ
Prove to me that you're divine - change my water into wine
That's all you need do and I'll know it's all true
C'mon king of the Jews
Jesus you just won't believe the hit you've made round here
You are all we talk about the wonder of the year
Oh what a pity if it's all a lie
Still I'm sure that you can rock the cynics if you try
So you are the Christ you're the great Jesus Christ
Prove to me that you're no fool walk across
my swimming pool
If you do that for me then I'll let you go free
C'mon king of the Jews
I only ask things I'd ask any superstar
What is it that you have got that puts you where you are
I am waiting yes I'm a captive man
I'm dying to be shown that you are not just any man
So if you are the Christ yes the great Jesus Christ
Feed my household with this bread - you can do it
on your head
Or has something gone wrong? Why do you take so long?
C'mon king of the Jews
Hey! Aren't you scared of me Christ? Mr Wonderful Christ!
You're joker you're not the Lord - you are nothing but a fraud
Take him away - he's got nothing to say!
Get out you king of the Jews! Get out of My Life!

I've met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, "Why?" Why did I cause so much pain? Didn't I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness? Can't I see how we're all manifestations of love? I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God's got this all wrong. We are not special. We are not crap or trash, either. We just are. We just are, and what happens just happens. And God says, "No, that's not right." Yeah. Well. Whatever. You can't teach God anything.

Fight Club, the book

Frodnat said:
These heavy-duty emotional relationship Ian Mackaye is talking of, has nothing to do with a relationship between adults. He is talking about adult-children... That´s a totally different thing... :err:

I dont think he was talking about that. Theres a place where I used to live where that type of thing was common though, and people thought it was ok. 20 odd year olds with 14 year old girls and that. Sicko woolyback pricks.

Inheritor of a Dying World, we call thee to the Living Beauty. Wanderer in the Wild Darkness, we call thee to the Gentle Light. Long hast thou dwelt in Darkness. Quit the Night and seek the Day.

---Israel Regardie

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein

:lol: :ill:

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." Albert Einstein