favourite quotes

" The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems."

--- Gandhi

my favourites are actually all Hungarian and I won't try to translate them as they won't have that effect...
but they always change (the non-Hungarian ones as well) especially now in this situation I'm in... just the way I think in that moment

do you guys know this all by heart or do you have a little notebook within reach where you write down everything you come across??? :erk: :(

some website full of favourite quotes? alright! iwas thinking i was stupid not being able to quote anyone (except for "the next one is always the best one" and "i will not lie i will not lie i will not lie.......") :D

Loona said:
my favourites are actually all Hungarian and I won't try to translate them as they won't have that effect...
There's a finnish one.. translated it sais something like "is this something or are we gonna take off our pants"
bwaha.gif

2 fav come to my mind...
the 2nd one is a bit long, shame on me :)

"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..."
Terry Pratchett

"Theory of Conservation of Ninjitsu: a cinematic theory proposed and more or less proven by Seanbaby. The theory states: "the more ninjas there are in a group, the less skilled the individual ninja is." If one ninja attacks you, you're probably fucked, but if a hundred ninjas attack you, you'll be fine. An army of ninjas is so laughably inept as to not be worth mentioning.
This is further enhanced by the Wilde-Mueller-Meyer Corollary: in any group of ninjas, there is apparently a finite and fluid amount of skill. As ninjas are whittled down from the main group, the survivors will grow more skilled as their numbers decrease. Assuming a roughly equal initial division of skill, the last five ninjas out of a group of a hundred are always the most dangerous of the lot, even if they were demonstrably fuckups at the beginning of the fight, and the lone surviving ninja is just as dangerous as if he'd been the only ninja to begin with, if not moreso, due to his rage and grief making him an unstoppable killing machine."

from this site:
http://www.dimfuture.net/elsewhere/bmovie.html

'Everything's well that wells' (Drifting Breed's first drummer somewhere back in 2001)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Why should I care driving while drunk tonight ? Do their new radars detect if you're drunk when you're driving at 180km/h???' (Drifting Breed's guitarist, January 2004)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/ 'I'm not a money whore, I'm not the kind of guy who'll let yous done for money business' (DB's 3rd drummer back in february 2002)
2/ 'I have to quit the band, they're offering me a job as a drums teacher, so I have no more interest in the band, so long.' (DB's 3rd drummer - September 2002)

1/ 'I wanted to get into a metal band for fun, playing loud, good riffs, blast beats, mosh parts, double bass drum and stuff, your songs are exactly what I was expecting and you guys seem to be cool peeps, I'm staying with you, I hope for a bunch of years!' (DB's 5th drummer January 2003)
2/ 'I'll have to leave the band unless you get me some money for every gig we play. My other band, the covers one, has made a deal with a pub and we're paid 400€/evening to play there every friday and saturday. So If you can't get me 100€ for every gig I happen to miss with my cover band, I'll have to leave DB, I need money NOW ?! Can't you understand ??? (DB's 5th drummer early april 2003)

Me to ex DB bassist : can't you understand that the first thing that is required for a musician is knowing how to play his instruments ?

ex DB bassist : this is disgusting, how can you do that to me ? We don't perceive things the same way, for me the most important thing in a band is friendship and the rest doesn't matter, friendship is above all.

Me : Well I'm sorry but even a 4 years long friendship won't prevent me from firing you mate, since you're unable to play ANY SINGLE RIFF PROPERLY...

'What pedal do they use to slap ?' (a friend of DB's other guitrist, talking about bass players)

'This song is dedicated to satan!!!' (DB's singer at a gig in the streets for music's day 2003 and THE SHAME OF MY LIFE THOUGH IT WAS A MERE JOKE)

*INSERT HERE THE NEXT THING OUR CURRENT DRUMMER WILL DO TO STABB US IN THE BACK* :p:p:p