favourite quotes

> 7. Speaking of patience, please give a try at the
> following: If you could invent any sort of music-
> making machine, what would it be like?

"it would be a direct mind sequencer. in that, i could directly compose things with my mind. although computers make it easier to work with music than in previous years, i still think it's an archaic process. ideally, what i hear in my head would be recorded. then i could multi-track this or sequence it or chop it up or do as i please with it. i can't be bothered to learn about chord progressions or how to play an instrument, so often translating what's in my head to audible sound is quite difficult and results in a completely different outcome. i'm not talking about using the mind as a sequencer in the way that keyboards or guitars or samplers are used to sequence midi, but quite literally recording the sound that is in the mind. strange how it isn't even sound tho. what exactly is the sound that appears in your brain? it doesn't make any noise yet it has pitch and noise content!? harnessing it and recording it will be my ideal way of making music."

bogdan

Reminds me of that "Anyone Can Play Guitar" song from Radiohead, haha. Would be strange, sort of like taking skill out of music writing, leaving all focus on talent or whatever, guess that would be good.

Don Corleone said:
excellent one, sol. i always liked your taste in movies and music...except manowar haahah
yeah, but have you listened to pre '87 stuff? that was the true shit like.

"Sleep is the best meditation."
"We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection."

The Dalai Lama

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my open mind,
Possessing and caressing me.
Jai guru de va om
Nothing's gonna change my world,
Nothing's gonna change my world.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes,
That call me on and on across the universe,
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box they
Tumble blindly as they make their way
Across the universe
Jai guru de va om

Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing
Through my open views inviting and inciting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a
million suns, it calls me on and on
Across the universe
Jai guru de va om

Every human being bears a higher man within himself besides what we may call the work-a-day man. This higher man remains hidden until he is awakened. And each human being can himself alone awaken this higher being within himself.

- Rudolf Steiner

"Dirty" Harry Callahan:

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

'We're crap' (Bernard Mendy, PSG, after the fifth game in the league this season, PSG was 17th)

Now PSG is 3rd, 6 points behind the leader with 11 games left to play and is still a favourite to win the cup :)

That the earth is our mother.
What befalls the earth, befalls our mother.
What befalls the earth, befalls the sons of earth.
This we know, the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to earth
All things are connected like the blood which unites us all.
Man did not weave the web of life he is is merely a strand in it.
Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.