favourite quotes

i can't find my favourite vonnegut quote... it was something like "we are all stripes of light". it's from "breakfast for champions". *help*

anyway:

The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest.
Kurt Vonnegut

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
Kurt Vonnegut

autumnsphere said:
"breakfast for champions". *help*

kfc.jpg

it's about the universe. amazing stuff... godlike...

"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne."

"This is a very bad book you're writing," I said to myself.

"I know," I said.

"You're afraid you'll kill yourself the way your mother did," I said.

"I know," I said.

Seeing the question "What is the purpose of life?" scrawled on a men's room wall, Trout thinks he could write the answer immediately, if he had a pen:

To be
the eyes
and ears
and conscience
of the Creator of the Universe,
you fool.

it's more than that. it is an imagination storm, ideas that blow your mind.
anything by kurt vonnegut is not only intelligent, but hilarious...

VultureCulture said:
mwhaha now i know his real name and can stalk him all the time, mwhahaha
diesem email adresse sollt konfiskiert worden jah :yell:

erm, but mate, if u up his ass all the time :tickled: does he ever answer like?

Am Morgen erscheint die Sonne
Sie kennt das Schlüsselwort
Es empfängt mich das Meer
in den Farben des versprochenden Himmels
Die Brandung ist in und über mir
Alle Bilder sind der Wind
Auch wenn ich es nicht sagen kann
ich kann es immer hin singen
Paradiesseits allemal
Am Abend erwartet mich ein Fisch zum essen
Nachtisch sogar
die nicht mehr ganz entlegenen Sterne
Des Nachts ist die Mitte der Ort in dem ich schlafe
am Ende der Welt
Im Traum beraten mich die Vögel
damit ich es später singen kann
Paradiesseits allemal
Hier ist allemal noch Platz für dich
Paradiesseits allemal

Einstürzende Neubauten, new album

Strangelight said:
is it fiction?
It is more or less fiction. What is almost all philosophy about? It is just another kind of abstract projection of more or less simple problems on to a bigger screen = the universe. Born out of the need to describe a world with manners that are inapropriate because they more or less integrate and what is most important extrapolate. So the inner world is externalized.

Don´t forget the most important quote of Nietzsche which also shows his achilles heel:

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into the abyss it also looks into you."

It is quite remarkable what he is telling about himself in this quote. The world of Nietzsche is a world of a little child. He fought monsters, but there aren´t any monsters. The evil he is fighting is a part of the people that were around him. He hasn´t developed something like an own emotional world, so the evil, represented by the abyss is able to control him by his emotions.

Did you know that Nietzsche was a tool of the Nazis in the end of his life. He also developed severe psychological problems... It is a sick universe Nietzsche was living in. Good to know that it was his own universe :) :lol:

toolsofthetrade said:
diesem email adresse sollt konfiskiert worden jah :yell:

erm, but mate, if u up his ass all the time :tickled: does he ever answer like?

i dunno, i never tried actually :)