Favourite song from "Paradise Lost"

Favourite song from "Paradise Lost"?

• Oculus Ex Inferni

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Set The World On Fire (The Lie Of Lies)

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Domination

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • The Serpent's Kiss

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Paradise Lost

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • Eve Of Seduction

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • The Walls Of Babylon

Votes: 20 16.0%
  • Seven

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Sacrifice

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Revelation (Divus Pennae Ex Tragoedia)

Votes: 25 20.0%

• Total voters
^ i agree that the album is extreamly consistent - all the songs are great, but i think it perhaps lacks diversity, aside from paradise lost and Sacrifice all the songs are in a similar vein.

I think Seven is my favorite track. It's the most "classic" sounding, but with enough freshness to make it new.

Various tracks on this album remind me of older Symphony X songs. That one is sort of like The Relic, in a way. It's not as straight-ahead neoclassical as that, but it has a similar vibe.

Speaking of that, does anyone else hear similarities between The Sacrifice and Shades of Grey? :lol: That's probably the worst song they ever did, and The Sacrifice is muuuuch better, but it has some similarities to it in the overall structure, especially the guitar solo.

Speaking of that, does anyone else hear similarities between The Sacrifice and Shades of Grey? :lol: That's probably the worst song they ever did, and The Sacrifice is muuuuch better, but it has some similarities to it in the overall structure, especially the guitar solo.

I honestly believe that Shades of Grey was only a bad song because Rod sang it. Granted, perhaps not even Russell could not save that song, but he at least would make it much better.

Have listened the album about 4 times, so hard to choose yet, went for set the world on fire but could easily choose paradise lost, walls of babylon or seven.

This album and its much-loved title track proves, just like with 'Communion and the oracle' in 'V,' that Symphony X fans are wussies.

I'm surprised that 'Revelation' is doing so well after all the unfavorable press it had received.

This album and its much-loved title track proves, just like with 'Communion and the oracle' in 'V,' that Symphony X fans are wussies.

I'm surprised that 'Revelation' is doing so well after all the unfavorable press it had received.

If Symphony X fans are such wussies, how come I was with your mom last night? Burn!!! Oh yeah, Revelation is my favorite anyways.

Note: Talking shit on Symphony X fans at a Symphony X forum, not the best idea.

Edit: What did you expect me to say? Nah fool, Brutal! Domination fool! Brutal! Symphony X! Brutal! And of course being a wussy means you have musical taste, hmm.

Note: Talking shit on Symphony X fans at a Symphony X forum, not the best idea.

That comment on SX fans being wussies was very much in jest. Obviously I myself am a fan who loves the title track of 'PL' and even 'Communion.'

It's like calling black people 'my pals' or 'niggah' when you're African-American yourself.