DWoT

deadnight

New Metal Member
Nov 16, 2002
Visit site
It's about Dante's inferno right? I heard someone say it was about Paradise Lost but it doesn't seem right...i don't know, i haven't read either. Anyways, the song kicks ass. Anyone who has read it, any chance of explaining the song?

Originally posted by deadnight
yeah, what's it about(what are the lyrics based on)

"Actually all three parts of the 'Divine comedy'... Inferno, Purgatory and Paradise were considered to be worthy of a concept album. Instead, we didn't use it and combined some of the Dante epic with a story about the angel, Gabriel and some of our own story-line ideas to create the Divine Wings lyrics. We felt strongly about these images and the topic and it gave us allot of inspiration to write the music for Divine Wings": Michael Romeo

By the way, i like more the live version of this song.

Originally posted by Luis
"Actually all three parts of the 'Divine comedy'... Inferno, Purgatory and Paradise were considered to be worthy of a concept album. Instead, we didn't use it and combined some of the Dante epic with a story about the angel, Gabriel and some of our own story-line ideas to create the Divine Wings lyrics. We felt strongly about these images and the topic and it gave us allot of inspiration to write the music for Divine Wings": Michael Romeo

By the way, i like more the live version of this song.

Holy shit!
I didn't see the quotes above at first. I thought it was a band-member posting!

Star struck for nothin' :bah: