Favourite vocalpart of all swanö-songs

~nightfall~

The Band called ROCK
Nov 7, 2001
Molde, Norway
not.there.yet
Just wondering, wich vocalparts do you guys think is Dan at his very best?

My votes goes for At The End Of The Bridge - "You`re a part of my heart, and I miss you alot...etc...etc..." and Amon Ra - "As you walk across the dunes....etc...etc..."

Great vocalparts by Dan Swanö:

The beginning of Enigma (+ the intro) up to "Engender the enigma" though I guess Anders does some of the vocals.
The whole cover of Lucretia, My Reflection
The chorus of 'Twilight'.
The first verse and chorus of the cover of Manowar's Blood of My Enemies.

I could mention many parts from Crimson and Nightingale but I won't be getting into that much detail.

Of bands with Dan Swanö I absolutely love the vocals on Pan-Thy-Monium.

Okay, I really much like the vocal line of "Alonely", but I guess that doesn't count, because Gurgelguff was the composer (was it you???).

So I'd say I love "If a millionair spent all his money ... he's still got a life to live."

I also like the beginning of "The Likes of Noone", a brilliant catchy voc line!

So long (also a good one:lol: )

NICO

Oh that's tough. The last part of Hiding Again, too. "Stranded ... but there's an ocean in my heart..."
And the "I send you my love through the stars in the sky..." in, At the end of the brige.
And the track "Ever since".

There are many, but one good one is

"Cursed to be walking in the shadow of death for a lifetime"

I just love how the band stops and Dan comes in by himself, it just sounds soooooo brutal :lol: :headbang:

Oh, and that's Crimson, incase you don't know :p

Not enough Infernal in this thread.

"Losing Myself" and "15:36" had some excellent clean vocals.

I've also developed quite a taste for "Remorse and Rrgret" lately.

Originally posted by Gurgelguff
The end section of "Hiding again" just before the female vocals.
It always send shivers down my spine.

YEAH! I was hoping I'd get to be first to mention that, but I see Unicorn has already mirrored your thoughts. It was the first thing I thought of.

Ever since is a G R E A T song. Personally, I don`t think that the vocals are that great, although it got some attitude. You can actually hear that it is recorded some years ago. But interesting to see that some think that song is Dan at his very best.

You're right in all points Nightfall!
HIs vocals are sounding really young in this song. But the lyrics are transported so emotional and somehow innocent that I really must like it. It always has to do with the lyrics for me, that gives me the kick.
From the powerful vocals I like the "stranded"-part the most.

And from the grunts maybe "I rather rule in hell..." from the Spectral Sorrows. "Jesus cries" or what it's called.