favourite's bands you wish would reunion some day

celtic frost fgs

doubt it. tom seems like he's pretty much over that title for his musical output and has pretty much moved on from the name. triptykon is supposed to be a continuation of the cf sound anyway, merging the sound of itp with monotheist.

monotheist certainly was a brilliant way to go out though.

Therion did not cease, they are currently regrouping and getting ready for a new album next year.

Tom from Celtic Frost acts like a sensitive girl in his writings, he needs to come to terms that everything can't be done his way. He should man the fuck up and bring back the legacy he trashed like a cheap pile. He is going to be on the new1349 album so that should be interesting.

Therion did not cease, they are currently regrouping and getting ready for a new album next year.

Tom from Celtic Frost acts like a sensitive girl in his writings, he needs to come to terms that everything can't be done his way. He should man the fuck up and bring back the legacy he trashed like a cheap pile. He is going to be on the new1349 album so that should be interesting.

so basically you're saying that he should give in to pressure?

not sure if you realize this or not, but tom and martin financed the entirety of the "monotheist" recordings themselves. they did it this way because they didn't want any interference from outside sources (ie cold lake). watching the documentary "a dying god" that recently came out, it's very clear why tom dissolved the band once again.

sesa (drummer) was basically a poison throughout the monotheist tour. some notable quotes in the documentary include sesa's reasoning that celtic frost no longer was a draw for the kids ("there are hardly no new people" "they [younger kids] came because of 1349" etc) and that they weren't filling venues to capacity ("x venue had 250 people") etc. in some cases you can see martin agreeing with sesa, to which tom highly disagreed with both of them (ie the arguement about how they're drawing small crowds supposedly.)

tom's still continuing his legacy but under a different name.

Decameron. Extremely well-written and well-executed death/black metal from Sweden, one released album (My Shadow..., 1995) and talks about another one have been around the internjetz since then...but nothing.

Also I'd love to have another Emperor album...if Ihsahn still has it in him. Not too fond of his solo records.
And of course another Edge of Sanity album written by Dan Swanö, or Moontower pt. 2.

Well the GK lineup is no longer together and the only member that is left right now is Christofer Johnsson. The band has decided to part ways and Christofer is now looking up (or probably already has) replacements for guitars, drums and bass.

I loved the GK lineup and would have loved it if they stuck together for another record. I think it was the best both live and on record.

Strapping Young Lad, Mr. Bungle, Emperor, Arcturus, Slint(make a new album), Cryptopsy(R.I.P), Morgion, Green Carnation(they're coming back though, no worries). And more, but I'm lazy. Too many good bands that quit.

I cant believe no one has yet to mention... EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats wrong with you people?!

Well... Hox did but that wasnt until the 3rd page of the thread.

Oh, and this:

lol do you know something about this?

It would be more precise to say that HE is coming back. But yeah, you should have known this already if you were a GC fan. Although Tchort kicked everyone from the band, he still intends to make more music under the name Green Carnation. He's supposed to make a successor to "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" called "The Rise and Fall of Mankind." He probably hasn't started it yet, though, so it's kinda far away still.

And since it's probably going to be a one-man-project now, you will probably never be able to see GC live again.