Fear Factory - Archetype = redemption!

Greenwater_Pond

Role model of males 18-49
Anyone else heard Archetype yet? Fear Factory pulled out of a steep nosedive with digimortal and proved that without fat dino they can still write material a la obsolete era again :D . I always had faith they could save themselves unlike In Flames, glad that not every band that got me into metal has changed their style entirely.

It's interesting. I like it, but I haven't listened to it all enough yet to know if it's truly a great record or not. I think it is definately a comeback after Digimortal though.

they got rid of the one person in the old lineup that still had an extreme bone in his body... it's going to suck, but going to be deemd successful cos all the nu-metal shitforbrains are going to buy it and act like they were into FF from the beginning.

Dr Psyklonic said:
they got rid of the one person in the old lineup that still had an extreme bone in his body... it's going to suck, but going to be deemd successful cos all the nu-metal shitforbrains are going to buy it and act like they were into FF from the beginning.
Dino was the one that made them suck, he wrote the crap that is Digimortal. :Smug:

Dr Psyklonic said:
Ref. to Ageless. Use some common sense man. Digimortal = commercial move (it had a RAP track on it FFS), whereas Archetype is of heaviness comparable to Demanufacture.

What happened between Digimortal and Archetype??

They got rid of Dino.

Work it out.

Dr Psyklonic said:
HA....shows just how much you know....

I like the record, but I haven't listened enough to know its place in FF legend. I do know I like it much more than the last 2 records. I do not want to slander this with the dreaded nu-metal tag, but there are a few songs where the guitar sound is straight off the first Korn record. The really deep, slow, heavy groove-riffing parts. Also, as with all FF records, some of Burt's vocal melodies can get annoying fast. I don't want to be overcritical though because I'm liking the record a lot right now.

The lyrics on Archetype are funny - "The soul of this new machine has improved, the infection has been removed".

Soul will always be my favorite record, with demanufacture close in #2. Obsolete had maybe 3 good songs, the rest were filler. Digimortal was just unlistenable to me.

well im just saying it really isnt necessary to immediately compare it to Korn because of that, thats all.... cause people are gonna take that as a bad thing immediately, simply because they see the word "korn", but whatever, no need to get worked up

Ageless said:
Dino was the one that made them suck, he wrote the crap that is Digimortal. :Smug:

er, they shelved half the ideas he came up with. plus look at what the various members did post-split.

Raymond - Computer game music
Christian - producing various hip hop artists and being Cypress fucking Hills bassist
Burton - wanking over his own self-indulgent prose whilst creating godawful The Watchers "music"
Dino - Asesino.

nuff said.

mark my words, it'll be a brave attempt to "return to the old days" but it will still be just as shit as Digimortal.