Fear Factory - Archetype = redemption!

Dr Psyklonic said:
mark my words, it'll be a brave attempt to "return to the old days" but it will still be just as shit as Digimortal.
and they even did a statement once Dino was kicked out how they stated that they were gong back to their old aggressive sound, nothing "watered down". thats why they kicked Dino out in the first place, because he was, well, the only one who didn't, as you quoted, "have an extreme bone left in his body", when it comes to Fear Factory. so don't talk like you know it all, you are clearly wrong. and yeah, most of us have heard the whole thing.

er i wasn't talkign like i knew it all. I was on the Fear Factory boards for like at least 6 months either side of the band splitting up.

If it was Dino that was supposedly wanting to take it in a more melodic venture then how come Burton went on record saying that he never wanted to do full on heavy vocals again, and went off and did The Watchers?

and if this is a supposed return to their "aggressive" days, well they obviously havent regressed far enough cos the title track sounds as though it was lifted straight from Obsolete.

but hey, you're no doubt gonna fuckin dismiss all the above with a "you don't know what you're talking about" short sarcastic remark anyway so.. i wont waste my time on you.

Dr Psyklonic said:
it's funny how it's not even out yet and yet you all have been quite ready to indict yourself when it comes to downloading an album before it's even out.
and....that has what to do with anything being discussed here??

Dr Psyklonic said:
and if this is a supposed return to their "aggressive" days, well they obviously havent regressed far enough cos the title track sounds as though it was lifted straight from Obsolete.
its a return to the days of Demanufacture/Obsolete (and it isn't as if Demanufacture didn't have any melodic parts either). and as for Burton "leaving", it was a plan to get Dino out. It wasn't for real. They split up, and the 3 grouped back together without Dino. And what other side projects Burton may have done (which i haven't heard) don't have anything to do with Fear Factory, so i don't exactly know why you bring it up. And perhaps you should take a look at this statement that was made by the band after Dino was kicked out: (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121723&highlight=factory)

"No watered down songs, no stripped parts...blah blah blah...Just brutal Fear Factory!!!! Raymond has especially pushed the bar in Metal drumming to the next level!!!! The drums on this record make Demanufacture for beginners!!!! LOL.... "

Further proving the point that Dino was responsible for Fear Factory's more commercial direction.

Nocturnal Silence said:
The album would be better without all the clean vocals.
Then it wouldn't be a Fear Factory album. The clean-vocals have ALWAYS been a part of their sound. And dare I say they innovated this style. Or at least are one of the bands to popularize it.

SculptedCold said:
Ref. to Ageless. Use some common sense man. Digimortal = commercial move (it had a RAP track on it FFS), whereas Archetype is of heaviness comparable to Demanufacture.

What happened between Digimortal and Archetype??

They got rid of Dino.

Work it out.
No, the fact its that being metal its cool now, so as always fear factory will follow the trend...

even that fag from coal chamber started a "metal" band