Feel the 'power' of Weakness

Fe Maiden

Run To The Hills!
Jul 13, 2004
NZ
Has anyone ever realized how good the last song of the Damnation album - Weakness is?

It really hit me while watching the Lamentations DVD, the guitar riff in the middle, the keyboards and the Mike's vocals.... WOW!

Creepy as fuck I have to say, a overlooked gem really. What do you guys think?

"Gave away your one and only heart, a gift to tear apart..."

:headbang:

I think it's aptly titled as it is probably the worst song on any of their albums (not counting terrible bonus tracks like Eternal Soul Torture, which is also aptly titled).

I really enjoy Weakness too. one of my favorites from Damnation. But it doesn't compare to a lot of their other stuff.

In other news, I just listened to SYL and they SUCK! I still think Devin Townshend is cool though, just cause I'm envious of his awesome hair.

Forest-of-October said:
In other news, I just listened to SYL and they SUCK! I still think Devin Townshend is cool though, just cause I'm envious of his awesome hair.

:worship: Devin Townsend :worship:

I really don't like Weakness much, but at least it's inoffensive. I dislike Death Whispered a Lullabye more than it.

As for SYL, what album did you hear? The first I heard was City and I really didn't like it for a long time...then one day I came back to it and realized it was amazing. All Hail the New Skin, Oh My Fucking God, Detox, and Under the Waves are all incredible songs. I don't like the self-titled that much, though Aftermath is pretty good. Alien isn't that great either, but it's much better than the S/T. The production on it is some of the best I've ever heard. The first couple of minutes of Skeksis might be the best song intro in metal history.

weakness is absolutely beautiful, im a big fan. countless times i've just closed my eyes and tuned out with that song on...

"stain me, save me, take me to my home...
hold me, show me, take me to my home..."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE those lines in the song

Well, apparently I'm a fanboy because there is not a single Opeth song that I don't like. Weakness is great.

you have to listen to this song in complete silence for its awsomeness to be apparent. I mean, no air conditioner...or suitemates playing Dave Mathews. Damnation is good walking-through-the-forest-alone-at-night-music.

Braighs said:
you have to listen to this song in complete silence for its awsomeness to be apparent. I mean, no air conditioner...or suitemates playing Dave Mathews. Damnation is good walking-through-the-forest-alone-at-night-music.

Man, the forest metaphor is really getting old. Damnation is good im-in-the-mood-to-hear-mikaels-great-voice-but-not-for-death-growls-music.

Yeah seeing it on Lamentations made me reconsider the song. It's really a great closer.