Opeth - Lamentations: Live at the Shepherds Bush Empire 2003 (DVD)

how exactly can you comment on opeth when you don't even listen to any progressive metal or rock??

Uhhh, I did. Which is why I said they sucked :rolleyes:

By the same token, how can you actually comment on something outside of Death/Gorguts/Morbid Angel (first three albums)/Quo Vadis/Opeth/Necrophagist when you don't actually listen to anything else, Sunshine?

Uhhh, I did. Which is why I said they sucked :rolleyes:

By the same token, how can you actually comment on something outside of Death/Gorguts/Morbid Angel (first three albums)/Quo Vadis/Opeth/Necrophagist when you don't actually listen to anything else, Sunshine?

stop talking bullshit, both of us know I listen to 40 - 50 bands on a regular basis

seriously, how can you criticize opeth when you know nothing about progressive metal or listen to any progressive metal/rock??

answer the question

No reply? I see. Look up Hypocrisy, look up Pain, look up War, look up Abyss Studios. Pete Tagtgren achieves more in a year than Chuck Schuldiner ever did in his lifetime.

Oh you better not start bashing Chuck Schuldiner, he is and always will be one of the greatest !!!!!!!!!!!! Just listen to Symbolic it's genius. And "The Sound of Perseverance", if you know the circumstances, you will appreciate this title even more (besides it's a unbelievable album)

May he rest in peace

stop talking bullshit, both of us know I listen to 40 - 50 bands on a regular basis

seriously, how can you criticize opeth when you know nothing about progressive metal or listen to any progressive metal/rock??

answer the question

Listen up, douchebag. I'm gonna make this as simple as possible, so even an idiot like you can understand:

I USED TO LISTEN TO OPETH.

I put it in capitals because it's easier to read too. If you can't understand that, you're even stupider than I thought.

Oh you better not start bashing Chuck Schuldiner, he is and always will be one of the greatest !!!!!!!!!!!! Just listen to Symbolic it's genius. And "The Sound of Perseverance", if you know the circumstances, you will appreciate this title even more (besides it's a unbelievable album)

May he rest in peace

Uh, I said Pete Tagtgren was God right after littledave claimed that Chuck Schuldiner was greater than God. Hence, Chuck is greater than Pete according to him. Which is bullshit.

The DVD is awesome. I've only ever bought two concert DVDs - Lamentations and Wrath of the Norsemen. Both were well worth the money.

i have a very large concert collection
and this one is the highlight of the entire collection. amazing musicianship, quality and song choice

yeh when I was younger I can't deny I first got into heavier music (beside metallica and ac/dc) because of it's shock value, I think it was Marilyn Manson. Soon after that though a friend of mine gave me a cd with Arch Enemy, Opeth, Children of Bodom, Emperor, Death, Dissection, At the Gates and all of the great metal bands around 1999-2000 and I loved them all for the music. Soon after though i found out about the church burnings and what not and this really caught my attention because I also have some resentment towards much religion myself. But even though I was a little kid all this corpse paint, pointless satanism in the lyrics just to create shock value to me is no different then the things all those actors and what not in hollywood do to just stay in the spot light. Most metal bands are like this aswell yet most of us metalheads always put them up so high and glory because they supposedly are unique and go against the norm. Now I like Immortal for the whole act because you know in their lyrics the speak about blasyrk and the imagery of a cold north land stricken by war.. and they are obviously warriors in that... so that's acceptable, I mean thats a good idea but all this shock value bull shit that is really just to catch peoples attention.. fuck that if you thought your music was good enough than you wouldn't need to do that unless it actually supported it in a way. Gorgoroth are removing their lyrics from all these website because they are so stupid.. maybe.. or maybe it's that it will make people want to hear them 10 x more... antics

I loved Opeth before the transition to more mellow pastures. I still enjoy their newer stuff, but let's face it, Pale Communion is no Blackwater Park... I would barter a guess that it is probably getter harder and harder for Akefeldt to growl as he once did, clean vocals = less stress on the throat. Like I said the music is still decent, just not vocals I grew to love back in the 90's.