Opeth DVD - Lamentations

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
I just picked up the Opeth DVD - Lamentations. This is by far one of THE BEST music DVDs i've ever heard! The sound on this DVD is incredible. You can hear every note. The ONLY gripe I have is that the band is kind of stagnant on stage; although, I would be too if I were playing their material too--having to concentrate and all. Overall, if you don't have this DVD yet, GO GET IT! Good Job ANDY! THE SOUND ROCKS! :worship: :headbang:

ubersyntax said:
The ONLY gripe I have is that the band is kind of stagnant on stage

That's Opeth for you. I've seen em live 3 times and i don't think i've seen Mikael ever doing more than a quick headbang, same with Peter. The only one who really gets into it is Martin (bassist), but i don't really mind that, i don't go to see em to see some fantastic stage show, it's all about the music.

I totally agree. The music is what it's all about with this band. The bassist is quite funny watching him. His headbanging is just swinging his head/hair from side to side. LOL. Most music DVDs arent THAT GREAT sounding (sound wise)... but I still can't beleive how clear the instruments are. As I mentioned... well worth buying! Perhaps they should have some dreary imagery/screenplay going on on the backdrop to their set. Similar to what Dream Theater has. IMHO. :Smug:

I love the doco part of that DVD more than the concert footage. I can watch that studio doco over and over and over again....I wish there were more DVD's like that....

Maybe a certin someone should make a audio production instructional DVD....Mr Sneap perhaps?

WingsofRedemption said:
I love the doco part of that DVD more than the concert footage. I can watch that studio doco over and over and over again....I wish there were more DVD's like that....

Maybe a certin someone should make a audio production instructional DVD....Mr Sneap perhaps?

I heard Warrel Dane in the NEVERMORE forum mention that there will be something similar for the NEVERMORE DVD coming out. :headbang: