Feel the 'power' of Weakness

Weakness is a very good closer & sounded great during the Damnation Tour.

In My Time of Need is the only track that really annoys me off of this album. It's more enjoyable live, cuz everyone sings along, but I always skip it when listening to the cd.

Windowpane, Hope Leaves & Closure are the highlights of the album !

opeth8 said:

In My Time of Need is the only track that really annoys me off of this album. It's more enjoyable live, cuz everyone sings along, but I always skip it when listening to the cd.

Hope Leaves in particular. My favourite track on the album, along with To Rid The Disease

FUBAR said:
Isnt all of Opeths music?

I assume it is. I haven't done it with every album.
Damnation seems best suited for enjoying the forest. Second would be Orchid.

And -Vintersorg- (great "band" btw, good forest music), I was not implying that that was the only way it could be enjoyed:tickled: . If Opeth makes me think of the Smoky Mountains, then good for them. I like my forest. Yes, its MY forest.:p

opeth8 said:

When I saw them do it live, everyone in the audience got really bored and all the porcupine tree fans started jeering about how boring it was ;-)

altough many opeth fans dont like this song,this is the only one i like in damnation album,i am serious=)
and if someone ask me "what is your favorite 10 opeth songs",i will put weakness to this list.
great song..

opeth_353 said:
I like Weakness, but i don't see how you can really say it's not one of their worst songs .. i prefer it to most tracks on Orchid at least..

Yeah, Id rank it towards the bottom because its not that amazing compared to their longer songs, but better than most on Orchid? No way...

I really don't think Orchid is that good lol. In Mist She Was Standing, Forest Of October, Requiem .. those are the only tracks i adore on that album.

Damnation should have ended with 'Ending Credits' which is, of course, the best track of the whole album

Yeah you guys are right, it is very different and experimental, but isn't that what Opeth is about???

I reckon it does the same for me as Epilogue on MAYH, completely different but utterly amazing. These two songs are great to listen to on a rainy day looking out the window at lush green bush, unreal... Of course it is also good as walking-through-forest music :)

just like someone said earlier... it´s one of those tracks you really haveto close your eyes in silence and become one with the atmosphere... It is in that way a very powerful song indeed...i would say it´s one of the best on damnation...

Hypnos said:
Damnation should have ended with 'Ending Credits' which is, of course, the best track of the whole album

I disagree 100% . Love Weakness and every other track...