Female voices?

AbsentFriend said:
they should get Amy Lee of Evanescence to sing with Mikael. Opeth will be climbing the charts like a motherfucker!!

Shoot me, but I dig Amy Lee in several ways :)

ugh, hearing their songs is painful to me. and her voice..it's just..annoying to me haha. but if you like it, that's cool duderz.

It would be kinda interesting to hear still life done with singing parts for Melinda done by a girl. I know there are no singing parts for Melinda, but if he would have written her as a different character, I dont know.

BurningSky said:
It would be kinda interesting to hear still life done with singing parts for Melinda done by a girl. I know there are no singing parts for Melinda, but if he would have written her as a different character, I dont know.

Not that I think it's a good idea (no offense BurningSky), but it's kinda funny that Mikael got the idea for the name Melinda (for use on Still Life ) from the Uriah Heep track 'Come Away Melinda' (nice song, but theirs is a cover version). In the song, the vocals are like a call and respond between a father and his young daughter! (with David Byron singing both parts) *cue twilight zone music*

The song's off their debut album "very 'eavy, very 'umble" (yeah, I know, there were a lot of drugs in the 70s) for any that are interested. It's a strong debut, but I think that their best two albums are 'Demons and Wizards' and 'The Magician's birthday'.

So....yeah.
*shrugs*

Yes, we do need to kill Amy Lee.

Why?

Because she's an ugly media whore and she can't sing for dogshit.

I think an Opeth track with a female vocalist wouldn't be a bad idea, actually. Whoever posted taking one of the women from Ayreon's "The Human Equation" had a good idea(I don't feel like going back a page and quoting). That Irene Jensen chick who does the part of Passion would probably be the best choice. The lead singer of Amaran wouldn't be bad either, actually.

Oh, and by the way. If anyone even thinks about saying that Tarja from Nightwish would be a good female vocals choice, I'm going to have the pleasure of flaming you in advance.

Her incredibly high pitched, folkish vocals would not contrast well with Mike's at all.

If they can use the singer sparingly and not in every song, I wouldn't mind. But they're already going to use Gregorian chants...let's not do everything at once...;)

I loved the duo between Steven and Mike on Bleak.
Maybe that would be great on one song or two,there are lots of female metal singers... out there, maybe Kimberly Goss, Christina Scabbia, or the girl that sings in Whitin Temptation or Theatre of Tragedy.
\m/
Luz.-