Festivals 2011 thread

Djöfull

Jan 27, 2002
Iceland
Anyone going to festivals this summer?

I just ordered a ticket to Finland, Tuska 2011. http://www.tuska-festival.fi/en/?page=program

The bands I'm most excited about:

Amorphis
At The Gates
The Devin Townsend Project
Katatonia
Moonsorrow
Wintersun
(Especially Amorphis and Moonsorrow since I haven't seen'em before)

Possibly:
Arch Enemy
Enslaved
Meshuggah
Blind Guardian

I'll leave for Stockholm and Tallinn in this trip also. Never been to those places nor Finland.

i have tickets for Ragnarök on april 29 - 30, with:

Battlelore
Graveworm
Enslaved
Orphaned Land
Thyrfing
Shining
Catamenia
Månegarm
Alcest
Kampfar
Negură Bunget
Dalriada
Agrypnie
Obscurity
Ignis Fatuu
Sahg
Odroerir
Todtgelichter
Valkyrja
Bran Barr
Hammer Horde
Bifröst
Path of Golconda
Vrankenvorde
Blackshore
Ctulu
Eïs
Twilight of the Gods

It's going to be a short vacation in Germany, just like the last time! Only 27 days to go, cant fckin wait!! :kickass::headbang::hotjump:

Djöfull;9745143 said:
It's a festival by the beach, ain't it? Sounds cool. I've been once to Slovenia.

I've been 6 times to Wacken so I'm pretty fed up with that.

By a river ('The Emerald beauty'), yeah. Very beautiful there, they shot some scenes for the second Narnia movie somewhere around there.:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wn3R5ew8to]Metal Camp 2008 trailer[/ame]

Probably one of the worst songs in the whole universe, but a nice video at least.

A friend of mine had a dream: she saw me on the way to a festival and see saw a car accident where I was involved! I didn't have exact plans to go somewhere but now I feel the struggle to organize something. Maybe this was a warning, you know. Anyway, Metalcamp or Summerbreeze would be nice. And what about this:

EMPYRIUM: First concert in the band's history at 2011's Wave Gotik Treffen - 2011/03/25

This is truly extraordinary news for EMPYRIUM and pleasant news for all fans of this unique project: 15 years after the release of their debut album "A Wintersunset ...," EMPYRIUM will perform the very first concert in the band's history on Whitsuntide 2011 (June 10 until 13) at the Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig. Schwadorf proudly and expectantly confirms the performance:
"With great excitement and anticipation we hereby confirm that EMPYRIUM will play its first (and maybe last) live show ever on this year's Wave Gotik Treffen. We are very busy preparing the show right now. Expect a very special line-up and a set-list featuring songs from all albums we released and even unreleased material. We hope to see as many of you EMPYRIUM maniacs as possible on this special event to make everybody happy and satisfied! More details will follow."

Apart from Empyrium, Prophecy artists Les Discrets (another world premiere!), Dornenreich, and Neun Welten will also perform at this year's Wave Gotik Treffen. Don't miss these memorable events.

Probably one of the worst songs in the whole universe, but a nice video at least.
The video is too chaotic, but has a few good parts. The song is horrible. I hate the way some people make a metal sterotype... As if everyone looks, behaves and dresses the same although they are metööööl!

At Tuska the location is downtown. In an industrial area. No camping around so it'll be different. I'm getting old *cough* so it will be nice to stay in an hostel/hotel.

Sweden Rock Festival. But I only have time for one day - fortunate fore me, all the bands I want to see play that day: Moonspell, Ghost, Morbid Angel and Judas Priest