Fifteen years !!!!

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
This dude at my bar, the other day, comes up to me and he's all like "did you go to Key middle school?". I thought to myself "what the fuck?" as I replied "yeah?". He goes "my parents drove us to Clash of the Titans!!!" Him, me and two other buds all went to the show in Baltimore back in the summer of 1991. Because of wierd zoning, moving and shit, that was the last time I ever saw those dudes. He went to some other high school. Needless to say, when I got off work, we got wrecked !!!! Talked about metal and shit. He was imrpessed with the riffs I played for him of mine and he's still into drumming. We jammed once or twice way back when. It's unreal how faithful metal fans can be. We're all into the same music we were listening to when we were stupid kids. We outgrow trends, relationships, careers, schools, etc etc. The one thing that doesn't go away is listening to heavy metal.

I recently had a similar experience. I hadn't seen this guy in 10 years, and were both still into the same shit!:headbang:

AlexStomp said:
It's unreal how faithful metal fans can be. We're all into the same music we were listening to when we were stupid kids. We outgrow trends, relationships, careers, schools, etc etc. The one thing that doesn't go away is listening to heavy metal.

Too true.

AlexStomp said:
It's unreal how faithful metal fans can be. We're all into the same music we were listening to when we were stupid kids. We outgrow trends, relationships, careers, schools, etc etc. The one thing that doesn't go away is listening to heavy metal.

Then why isn't Anthrax headling sold-out arenas?

Sorry, but a lot of people say "I used to listen to Anthrax and all those bands back then." Now those people suck.

Thats a cool story. I saw a guy I used to go to school with back in around 1991 recently as well. He still had the long hair, the stupid glasses and the metal clothes on. The odd thing was he seemed to have grown a fantastic set of breasts.
No I'm not joking - he still had the same deep voice and clearly a man's face, but under the black T shirt was a massive pair of tits, which I found amusing but disturbing. I didn't have the balls to ask where they came from. I'm guessing some sort of hormone thing.

Stormwatch said:
Thats a cool story. I saw a guy I used to go to school with back in around 1991 recently as well. He still had the long hair, the stupid glasses and the metal clothes on. The odd thing was he seemed to have grown a fantastic set of breasts.
No I'm not joking - he still had the same deep voice and clearly a man's face, but under the black T shirt was a massive pair of tits, which I found amusing but disturbing. I didn't have the balls to ask where they came from. I'm guessing some sort of hormone thing.
OK, when did we ever meet?!?:lol:

jdelpi said:
Then why isn't Anthrax headling sold-out arenas?

Sorry, but a lot of people say "I used to listen to Anthrax and all those bands back then." Now those people suck.

I don't know. Maybe I was just riding on a high from not seeing a friend for fifteen years and randomly bumping into him. It's like something out of a movie. The funny thing is he was telling me later on that night that a few days before he was going through some of his belonging at his mother's house and found a picture of the four of us kids in the back seat of his Dad's Cadillac on the way to go see Clash of the Titans. I'm gonna try and get a copy of this picture and post it on here. Alice in Chains (with the house lights still on), Anthrax(joey fronted), Megadeth(R.I.P. line up) and Slayer(Seasons line up) at the Baltimore Arena(small for an arena too). You don't get much better of a bill than that.

By the way, Black13, do you remember this gig?? It was the first time I met you. I was fourteen years old, four foot eleven inches, 90lbs. soaking wet and star struck as hell.

Metal will always be in my blood.........it has always helped me out.. I'm 31 now and i still wear my metal shirt...that will never ever go away...

karrokid said:
you must be pretty strong. i wear one made out of cotton it breathes nicery and it's easier to wash :kickass:
Yeah, you can't wash those metal shirts, they rust!:lol: I wish I could buy a clash of the titans T-shirt though!

karrokid said:
you must be pretty strong. i wear one made out of cotton it breathes nicery and it's easier to wash :kickass:

oops.... i mean 100% cotton t-shirts...
it would be very uncomfortable and difficult to wear a metal shirt...:err: