films ppl should see

shogun assasin as in the dubbed and cut together from two separate films you mean? aah man, get yourself those animeigo releases of the original movies (region 1, tho) with remastered image and all that. good quality, great films and the price ain't bad either (around 13 euros a film I think...)

well fine by me. just stick to the bad dubbing and cheesy eighties synth score :tickled: (what do I know, I've only seen the real ones, heh).

I'm up to three last eps of the office now. things are gettin desperate for my man brent and the end is gettin near. next I gotta get me those christmas specials... money money money.

Crack Hitler said:
so. none saw the motorcycle diaries, hmmh?
i have, it was relaxing. dunno much bout che but it was nice little introduction, went with a friend and long conversations bout where to go now, what to do popped up
it doesn't make me feel like reading the books though

hmm i saw ae fond kiss last week, i liked it. though the story is simple it's urm yeah well it's what a movie should do. and the scottish accent eeh ooh

Crack Hitler said:
well fine by me. just stick to the bad dubbing and cheesy eighties synth score :tickled: (what do I know, I've only seen the real ones, heh).

I'm up to three last eps of the office now. things are gettin desperate for my man brent and the end is gettin near. next I gotta get me those christmas specials... money money money.
You only watch this shit for bad dubbing, blood and cheesy synths, i love that music :p

Haha. They are real movies, not just for the cheese factor, tho I can understand why people take it that way :D Love 'em. That duel at the end of the first one (probly in the middle of s.assasin) is classic. gotta love the image of headless corpse falling in slow motion, blood sprayin like hell. :headbang:

siderea said:
i have, it was relaxing. dunno much bout che but it was nice little introduction, went with a friend and long conversations bout where to go now, what to do popped up
it doesn't make me feel like reading the books though
I just bought the book and started it. Seems they crashed the motorcycle way more than the movie implies. nine times during one day :p

Ive been collecting pre-certification early 80s rental tapes for about a year now. Got the Omen trilogy the other day and Im waiting to get delivered ..

47_1.JPG

and

65_1.JPG

Theres some real gems out there. My wish list is 'The Beast In The Cellar' and 'Death Ship' at the moment

we had :)
and I had a couple of Walt Disney films that didn't even come out synchronised at those times :) there was some damn-bored-sounding guy who spoke all along the whole story while you could hear the original sound... it was hm... bad :erk:

Morpheus said:
I, Robot: It was better than i thought. One of the best action movie this year, at least it has some depth.
Finally I was up for renting this one. Wasn't half bad actually.
the action sequences (well, most of them) were surprisingly dynamic and more amazingly short enough. Too much bullshit in between tho, to really raise this one above all other blockbusters. I mean, not every fockin police chief in every fockin action movie has to have the same fockin lines! :yell: 'are you sure this ain't too soon for you?' 'I gotta ask for your badge' 'take some time off' 'do you like this thongs on me?' etc... argh. and what about that blatant converse add? talk about product placement :lol: atleast two three characters were saying nice things about the guys shoes ffs! In a freakin robot movie! :erk:
I usually hate when people say what I'm about to say, without giving more in-depth critique, but it was too predictable. enjoyed it, but almost forgot it already.
[edit]
oh, and that demolition bot was cool as fuck, there shouldve been a big showdown with that thing.

luckily we also rented My Life Without Me, starring ever lovely Sarah Polley. A movie about a 23 years old mother of two getting diagnosed with liver cancer and is promised two three months left.
Luckily the movie didn't go all sappy and teary, but instead had this somewhat optimistic tone most of the time. Great cast and good music. It wasn't excellent movie in anyway, left me a bit cold in parts and not that emotionally attached to the characters all the time, but still a nice little gem among all the other terminal illness movies out there (are there many more except the one with richard gere and that looting little woman?). it felt quite real, infact.

i was surprised i didn't see fight club someplace on here. it was a good movie, not the best, but worth a watch.

pi and requiem for a dream have already been mentioned, but they're probably my favorites. i saw labrynth somewhere too. i also loved the never ending story..that was a good one.

When I first saw The Fight Club, I found it one of the best movies ever. And I got to like Edward Norton. But maybe American History X is better. Or just as good.

toolsofthetrade said:
as most females actually.
but, yeah he's an excellent actor, especially in AHX

But according to that logic, I should like all male actors, which is not true.

Though Edward Norton, hm, he's really nice, you just wouldn't turf him out of the scratcher on a cold morning ;)

korsfarer said:
pi and requiem for a dream have already been mentioned, but they're probably my favorites. i saw labrynth somewhere too. i also loved the never ending story..that was a good one.

i mentioned those two.. and you like seigmen, so do i.. will you marry me? ;)

try to find Stalker, it's an old movie by a russian director called Andrei Tarkovsky. read more here: http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:111585

I think Mark Ruffalo will be the next Norton in that I've seen probly 3 films (during a short period) he's been in and only during the third one I realised it was the same guy. He's truly flexible actor I think and can transform into pretty much anything. the films I've seen with him (that I know of) are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Collateral and My Life Without Me.

gotta keep an eye for him in the future...

ive seen these recently:

Shaolin Soccer - lotta fun
Hero (the chinese) - incredible, with a certain mindset/philosopy
Minority report - overdone, good idea, bad movie, bad Tom Cruise
(AI was even worse, brr)
21 gramms - hmm.. gotta see that one if you hadn't already. (Naomi Watts rulz)

next week program 4 me:

...dunno, but I'm going to watch Masque Of The Red Death, because it's the movie whose dialogues are featured in Theatre Of Tragedy's "When He Falleth" song. LOL
+lotsa X-files and Monty Python if I have free time.