I just got a shit load of dvds today
robin of sherwood first series box set..it rocks
nick cave at god is in the house only 11 euros
near dark 13 euros
hammer horror box set

Im sorted for the bank holiday

Crack Hitler said:
collateral. michael mann doesn't fail :headbang:

i dunno it was somehow ok, wasn't that impressed. Maybe i should watch it again.

I finally borrowed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and it's good, enjoyed watching it. Jim Carrey surprisingly good in this more of a melancholic role.

aah, oldboy. think I raved about it in some thread. maybe earlier in this one? fucked me up big time for a day or so.

and thorsten, you're wrong. collateral was ace ;) not the storyline itself, but the mood and the depth of the main characters (no, really). i dunno, i loved it.

Loona said:
and The Whalerider too. Did anyone see any of these?
I saw Whalerider earlier this year, and I liked it. It's different from the standard Hollywood movies, an insight into Maori life today and the struggles that come with living between two worlds - the modern and traditional society... all interwoven with Maori myths.
What I didn't like about the movie (because it seemed very unrealistically) was the about non-existing appearance by non-Maoris, even though the people of European descent constitute the majority (>75%) in New Zealand's population.

Crack Hitler said:
and thorsten, you're wrong. collateral was ace ;) not the storyline itself, but the mood and the depth of the main characters (no, really). i dunno, i loved it.

well it somehow didn't catch me that much. I agree the atmosphere was nice, but, i dunno. I'll watch it again.

Anyone seen The Downfall: Hitler and the End of the Third Reich yet? What you think of it?

I had a slow and boring morning yesterday so I went to see The Motorcycle Diaries which I thought was quite excellent. Even if you discard the real facts behind these characters it still works as a piece of fiction and a warm road movie. Surely got me pumped up for my next trip, whenever wherever that might be and it also made me wanna read the book, them diaries. Anyone?

Morpheus said:
Anyone seen The Downfall: Hitler and the End of the Third Reich yet? What you think of it?
nope. hasn't landed here yet, and I dunno when it will. So you saw it?

Well it was quite ok for a german production. Some really sick scenes in it. Honestly, i find it hard to review this film. It's a long movie which it has to be i reckon, but it was somehow not sth i would talk about all the time. Still worth a watching. I preferred Hitler: The Rise of Evil with Robert Carlyle somehow, it contained more new information for me and Carlyle acted very good imo.

Btw Jussi, i finally saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind! It's a good movie, which i really enjoyed to watch. Carry was great indeed, although he had a serious role.

I will check that hitler movie once it's out (ok, and after reading a few reviews :) ). Glad you enjoyed Eternal Sunshine, I honestly think it's one of the greatest movies of last year or two, up there with Lost in Translation and Before Sunset and what else. hmmh, seems I now can remember only the romantic stuff that's come out lately, haha :D

Finally got my copy of Shaun of the Dead yesterday, and it was really, really good. I didn't know I could still laugh that loud at any movie, more amazing cause I was sober. It was not perfect, but pretty much everything I want my romantic zombie movies to be :tickled:

any non- zombie- movies to recommend? ;) I'm not for romantic stuff either these days .....and if i'm not blind there's little interesting in cinema at the moment.

Btw anyone seen Mind Hunters? Was quit good imo, so was Man on fire.

Ah that Eurotrip one was surprisingly very funny, you should see that one Jussi! Vinny Jones at his best (a small but decent role).

And i would really like to see that Oblivion film Anathema was contributing 'Violence' for. But they don't write back on my question about when it'll be aired.

Solaris is a must see movie, jeremy davis is fantastic in this movie.
Also elephant, made a very loud blast in my guts...

Elephant is truly great yeah. Still disturbing and haunting on the second viewing as well. Tho I'm sure it's such a film some might call it pretentious shite.

so. none saw the motorcycle diaries, hmmh?

[edit] oh, and I gotta mention I've seen that shaun of the dead three times since monday already :D watched it twice with commentaries. good stuff.

just bought a bela lugosi three pack, white zombie, killer bats and ghosts on the loose. White zombie is the biz. Also got shogun assasin for dirt cheap. Monster monster monster!!