Films thread

-[chop]-;8817374 said:
:lol: that alone makes it about Metallica? to be honest might as well be..i know very little about this film..just that its about a kid and it takes time in the 80s sometime..oh! and that Zakk Wylde is in it :lol:

I didn't say it was about them, I would assume it has something to do with them. It's more the "Broken Beat & Scarred" bit really, but also it's fairly unusual to have two songs by the same artist in a trailer unless there's something significant about them that's relevant to the film, which there doesn't appear to be with those two.

Apparently Twilight fagboy's not gonna be in it anymore. Or so I hear.

The following trailer is for the film Expendables. I think Fazed.net hit it on the head with their description, so here that is:

The Expendibles

Are you serious?

Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steve Austin, and Randy Couture?!

This will be epic. Epic win or epic fail, I don't know...but it will be epic.

What do people think? Looks ace or looks shit? Frankly, I'll see it either way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rocky Balboa was good, Rambo was good. Stallone showed that he can make good enjoyable films, but expendables looks..... pretty gay.

I'm all for action films, stupid action films are good for a laugh, this looks like it will all depend on the action and until i see the full thing i'm not sure what i think. other than it looks a bit naff and gay.

Rocky Balboa was good, Rambo was good. Stallone showed that he can make good enjoyable films, but expendables looks..... pretty gay.

I'm all for action films, stupid action films are good for a laugh, this looks like it will all depend on the action and until i see the full thing i'm not sure what i think. other than it looks a bit naff and gay.

I've only ever seen 1 Rocky film and half of the new Rambo film, recommendations of specific installments of either? Or should I just watch them all?

It's as much about the writers as the actors though. Not to mention, it also has Jason Statham in, which reinforces that point pretty well I think. Aside from the brilliantly written Snatch, most of his films are poor but packed with ridiculous action to make it fun in a bad kind of way.

I've only ever seen 1 Rocky film and half of the new Rambo film, recommendations of specific installments of either? Or should I just watch them all?

ALL. NOW.

A Stallone film gay? I think not me good chap.