Final Round: Best Song

• Total voters

Rahan

Mar 3, 2004
Montreal, Canada
Okay, this is it guys ... we are there. :headbang:

The quantity of songs have been reduced to the very last two. :Spin: :Spin:

It is time to crown the king of kings. :worship:

Will the defending champion from last year: the Moor :worship: be capable to resist the formidable ascension of the Leper Affinity ? :devil:

The answer is yours ...

Remember to vote with the buttons. Comments are welcomed but I count only the votes on the poll.

And talking about comments, what is your biggest surprise and your biggest disappointment with the results so far :confused: :confused:

For my part: the biggest surprise is the amazing performances of the Leper Affinity :hotjump: and Serenity Painted Death :hotjump:

My biggest disappointment is the exclusion from the top 12 songs of ANY songs from MORNINGRISE and ORCHID :cry: :cry:

Hope you had fun because I sure did.

Cheers :kickass:

themoor666, i thought you'd vote for leper :scratches head:

this was a tough one..i love both songs. even though i've been voting for the moor moreso, all along, my final vote was for leper. why? i dunno haha. both songs own.

Stop t3h m00r!! l3p3rz r00l lolz!!!!111!.....seriously though...........i'm surprised dotf didn't make it, i woulda predicted it to be here against teh moor...

The Moor - I can't give a reason though, because i can't really find any faults with Leper Affinity...its just...better!

Honourable mention for April Ethereal, Deliverance, Godhead's Lament, The Night And The Silent Water and last, but in no way least, Master's Apprentices

the_3_toed_sloth said:
The Moor - I can't give a reason though, because i can't really find any faults with Leper Affinity...its just...better!

Honourable mention for April Ethereal, Deliverance, Godhead's Lament, The Night And The Silent Water and last, but in no way least, Master's Apprentices

Ditto! although I like 'the moor' because it seems like a solid representation of what the band are about

Leper Affinity? One of the greatest songs ever, surely, but how did it beat BWP? Advent? Twilight? Well, I voted for The Moor.

The Leper Affinity.
One of my favourite Opeth songs ever, in fact the first one I heard...

I'm quite disappointed that LA is the only song from my Opeth top twelve that even got close to the finals. The others are (in chronologic order): Credence, Godhead's Lament, Moonlapse Vertigo, Face of Melinda, White Cluster, Bleak, The Drapery Falls, Dirge for November, Deliverance, Hope Leaves & To Rid the Disease.

I think "teh m00r" sounds like it's not finished properly, I don't know why. Never liked it much, actually.

I voted for The Moor because I feel like it is really a timeless piece of music as opposed to Leper Affinity which is just a really cool Opeth song with a nice solo.

Biggest dissapointment: Where the hell is Deliverance for best overall song? For best overall song, (obviously a long one, you can't have DOTF in the top 5 really, not a masterpiece song. Just a kick-ass short encore song) I choose Deliverance, The Moor, The Leper Affinity, and Blackwater Park. Between The Moor and Leper though..... Don't know. I just listened to Leper, let me listen to Moor now to decide I can't decide. This sucks. Drum wise, I like BOTH. DaMNIT Jflskadjal;ksjf o[pi4jf aljfqoibjfaok;ljd ;lakjfla;ksj fa;lskrf, lafskjflak jlej LEPER. I don't know it just came out.