Finally heard AGALLOCH

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, so when you cats announced you were touring with Agalloch, I was like "heard of them but never actually heard them".

I picked up this comp from THE END called THE DARK PSYCHE, which has tons of bands from labels like THE END, Moonfrog, Osmose, etc.

I was happy to see Agalloch on the comp.

Bottom line, the track impressed the hell out of me!!!!
It is the track "Not Unlike the Waves" from Ashes Against the Grain.

Would this be a good album to start with for these guys?

Two other bands from THE END that I hadn't heard before which impressed me as well were Dissection and Epoch of Unlight.

Amazing album to start on. I don't think it would matter which album to start with. Ashes Against the Grain is amazing though. haha

Dont listen to Will, only get the first two dissection albums, and avoid Reinkaos like the plague.

Oh yeah and i'd probably get Pale Folklore or The Mantle before Ashes, but I suppose it would be okay if you got any of them first. Hell, buy all three of them and listen to all of them in a row.

Dont listen to Will, only get the first two dissection albums, and avoid Reinkaos like the plague.

Oh yeah and i'd probably get Pale Folklore or The Mantle before Ashes, but I suppose it would be okay if you got any of them first. Hell, buy all three of them and listen to all of them in a row.

+1

personally Pale Folklore is still my favourite. Nothing's as good as She painted fire...

The Sham Mirrors is such a great album. I would definitely recommend that album, along with Sideshow Symphonies, to anyone getting into Arcturus.