Finally heard AGALLOCH

Agalloch is one of the best post black/folk/experimental bands that I've ever heard. I don't have the new one, but The Mantle and Pale Folklore own my soul.

Ah yeah,goosebums..thanks Antzor.. :) Was that the album with the lyrics you couldn't read so well,the artwork was beautiful tho..

@Jasonic: Sorry I didn't read this thread quite good,now I see you actually came up with the same question I did..for the first buy I mean..I guess I got confused by the other Agalloch thread..
I always get confused on this forum..

@D3V4S7 etc.. Did you say you like "Sideshow Symph..."?

I love Sideshow Symphonies. Why?

Well,It's the one Arcturus album I like the least,I love "Sham mirrors" but I wouldn't recommend "Sideshow.." to anyone as a first buy,I think "Le Masquerade.." is truly a masterpiece,you like that one?

I checked Agalloch's Myspace again and "Odal" is so... beautiful!
I have no idea if that album is still available tho,I think i will just ask any Agalloch album for xmas and let myself be suprised by one of my bro's who are soooo definitely not into any metal whatsoever..

I also want the rest of the albums of Saturnus..I love "Veronika decides.." wonderful album,I bought also the book..haven't read it yet tho!

I absolutely love Agalloch, they're my favorite band in general, with The Mantle being my personal favorite album. I was lucky enough to have a mom willing to wake up at 5 in the morning to buy me the AAtG ltd. ed. I did pay for it actually but she had the credit card. :p

Well,It's the one Arcturus album I like the least,I love "Sham mirrors" but I wouldn't recommend "Sideshow.." to anyone as a first buy,I think "Le Masquerade.." is truly a masterpiece,you like that one?

I like that album. I know a lot of people don't like Sideshow Symphonies, but it's my second favorite Arcturus album. I absolutely love Hibernation Sickness Complete.

I disagree. I think Pale Folklore is better written. The production on The Mantle is superior, but some of the songs are forgettable. Overall, I'd put Ashes Against the Grain on top, Pale Folklore second, and The Mantle in third.

I'm enjoying Ashes Against The Grain more and more as I listen to it. It's definitely my favorite cd of theirs. I also have strong connection now with some of those songs from the tour, it brings back memories!

I disagree. I think Pale Folklore is better written. The production on The Mantle is superior, but some of the songs are forgettable. Overall, I'd put Ashes Against the Grain on top, Pale Folklore second, and The Mantle in third.

The way that The Mantle flows better as a single piece than Pale Folklore which is ultimately more song based than The Mantle makes me appreciate it more. Every song on it has its purpose and by taking out any single song the album loses its magic. It is essentially my perfect album.

I'd go The Mantle > Pale Folklore => Ashes Against The Grain, though all of the albums are certainly at least 9/10 in quality.