Finally heard AGALLOCH

Ok, gotcha guys.
I was seriously wondering if you guys were pissed that I made a thread relating to Agalloch on this forum.
I knew lots of ND fans were into them, which is why I chose to comment on my first exposure to them here.

No we don't mind, unless we start getting more threads on other bands than ourselves, in which case we might have to start charging those bands for rent hahaha

Arline was kidding around. She has a very "to the point" way of joking, you might say, lol.

Agalloch are our friends, we'd never poop on them.....haha

I own all their album propers. Get all 3, as a matter of fact get anything you can by this band. Pale Folklore is my favorite. The misshapen steed has got to be one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard. It has an incredible sadness forged with immense beauty.

You keep mentioning the revelation cover, like we're ashamed of it. I tell you what, for 5 guys who didn't know the song, or even fans, and recorded it 5 days later, I'm actually pretty happy with the way it came out. If you're going to bust balls, at least make it something worth while. Besides, we've recorded worse... coughTORNcough. :)

So,here's the thing at the Plato it was my first introduction with Agalloch's music creations,well I only heard one or two songs on my mp3 player,and I was suprised by the beauty of their music just wonderful,gives me chickenskin.. (I forgot the correct word,I dunno..)
I remember I apologised to John at the Plato for not knowing who he was here on the forum,well it was ok..I made a compliment about their performance earlier,great show! and I told him I would like to buy an album of them,but I completly forgot to ask which one would be good as a first buy..well sorry ok,but I got shy and walked away quickly..
so which one wil it be,and I only wanna here honest answers,what is the best album to start with...

edit:and sorry again for the long post,just get used to it! for some stupid reason,I can't keep it short..

goosebumps anya.

well as your friend, trust me when i say you should get pale folklore :D (unless you were put off by the lyrics i showed you, in that case you could get either of the other two... but it wouldnt matter much, hehe)

seriously, i think all 3 are great. for the goosebumps-factor i think the mantle will work best though. pale folklore is the most epic imo. and ashes... is the newest hottest record in your local store :p

I must be missin' something on "revelations" I don't get the post by Will Bozarth. Anyway, Paul mentioned the wood-box edition of AATG, and it is a really cool burnished brownish type of wood, with Agalloch burned into the slip off front. Great collectors item for yrs to come. Great place for my "sticky skunk" to stay too. Paul, I think it would be phenominal if ND(with a future release) came up with a special package-type edition, for we know any music contained within would be top of the line, but a cool package? I'm already thinkin' about future albums and Novella Reservoir won't be in my player until Feb 20th. Oh Well..............I'll just go back to what I was doin' before I got my ND Jones happening. I can't fuckin' wait for Feb. I'm 50 yrs old and sound like I'm 12. I'm going through...................ND withdrawal. Peace.