FINALLY!!!! I bought a Firepod!

Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
Well after 2 hours of installation issues(thank you very much Microsoft) I got my Firepod working. I haven't had a chance to plug any mics in yet, but I did manage to get my monitors hooked up. S/PDIF is an amazing thing. My monitors have a S/PDIF in so I gave it a shot. Sounds PRISTINE compared to what I'm used to, running my monitors the analog way off of my old Tascam US-428. Can't wait to lay down some guitar. But it will have to wait, since I have 3 finals tomorrow and haven't started studying for any of them.

Oh and I bought a Boss NS-2 to give it a shot. Let me tell you, that pedal is CRAP compared to the ISP products....

congrats man,
i upgraded from an alesis multimix 16 usb mixer to a firepod recently, and i'm SOOOO much happier with it. installation was a pain in the ass for me as well, not so much because of microsoft but because that crap recording program that came with it made all my other audio software act whacky...removed that and it worked like a charm

Well after 2 hours of installation issues(thank you very much Microsoft) I got my Firepod working. I haven't had a chance to plug any mics in yet, but I did manage to get my monitors hooked up. S/PDIF is an amazing thing. My monitors have a S/PDIF in so I gave it a shot. Sounds PRISTINE compared to what I'm used to, running my monitors the analog way off of my old Tascam US-428. Can't wait to lay down some guitar. But it will have to wait, since I have 3 finals tomorrow and haven't started studying for any of them.

Oh and I bought a Boss NS-2 to give it a shot. Let me tell you, that pedal is CRAP compared to the ISP products....

KiCK ASS MAN! I love my Firepods:headbang:

congrats man,
i upgraded from an alesis multimix 16 usb mixer to a firepod recently, and i'm SOOOO much happier with it. installation was a pain in the ass for me as well, not so much because of microsoft but because that crap recording program that came with it made all my other audio software act whacky...removed that and it worked like a charm

How is that an upgrade? Are the pre's better or something?

How is that an upgrade? Are the pre's better or something?

Umm because the firepod can multitrack and the usb mixer cannot. you cant even compare the two, the firepod has (in my opinion) 10 times better pres in it than in that multimix gear. I too upgraded from a mulitrack 8usb to a firepod and you cant even compare them. 99% of the time the firepod wins everytime. enough said

Jordan

Yeah I tried those alesis USB and Firewire units out, the firepod is so much nicer. The pre's are amazing for the price...

Umm because the firepod can multitrack and the usb mixer cannot. you cant even compare the two, the firepod has (in my opinion) 10 times better pres in it than in that multimix gear. I too upgraded from a mulitrack 8usb to a firepod and you cant even compare them. 99% of the time the firepod wins everytime. enough said

Jordan

The multimix series is available in firewire. So better pre's then?

the multimix firewire version costs more than the firepod now, and the firepod still has better pre's IMO

but i had the old USB version, so i had a left and right track...nothing else

my band is recording again, and so far things are easily sounding 10x better than before...the firepod not being the only factor, but a big one

I love the pods. So congrats to all you guys. It only gets better when you add another one. Finally allowed me to do some real drum tracking.

studio2.jpg

Anyone know if the pre's and converters in the Firebox are the same as in the Firepod. I don't want to be able to record drums so 2 preamps is good enough for me to record guitars. I am looking at replacing my M-Audio Firewire solo. I am wondering though how much of a difference will there really be in sound quality between the M-Audio and the Firebox considering these 2 are still entry-level interfaces? If the pre's and converters are the same in the Firebox as the Firepod it would be nice.:headbang:

Anyone know if the pre's and converters in the Firebox are the same as in the Firepod. I don't want to be able to record drums so 2 preamps is good enough for me to record guitars. I am looking at replacing my M-Audio Firewire solo. I am wondering though how much of a difference will there really be in sound quality between the M-Audio and the Firebox considering these 2 are still entry-level interfaces? If the pre's and converters are the same in the Firebox as the Firepod it would be nice.:headbang:

I say go with the saffire man. Not the pro, the other normal one ;)

I just checked presonus.com and it looks like they are different pres. the firepod apparently has more gain? I actually don't really know what the fuck I am talking abou. I am guessing since the characteristics are different the preamps are to.