Try to find these NL, if you like Trappist:

59734.jpg

Chimay-LaBleu-200h.jpg

Urthel ain't a trappist, but worth finding:
from 5, up to 12% alc :zombie:
urthel-beer-glass.gif

And when it comes to "Witbier" :

celis300.jpg

Hoegaarden is nice but Celis White rules!

:kickass:

Speaking of beer, anyone hear of Grolsch? It's some Dutch beer that a lot of people I know seem to like, but I personally think it's the worst beer I ever tasted. Even worse than Natty Ice and Milwaukee Best.

ThePhilosopher said:
Speaking of beer, anyone hear of Grolsch? It's some Dutch beer that a lot of people I know seem to like, but I personally think it's the worst beer I ever tasted. Even worse than Natty Ice and Milwaukee Best.
As a rule, Dutch beer is worse than dishwater mixed with horse urine.

So no, you're not the only one.

And Karen, I'll make sure to stock my fridge with Kriek when you come to Belgium :D

ThePhilosopher said:

Grolsch is a legendary Dutch beer.
In fact many thrashers in Holland put the iron cap on their patched jeans Jacket.

I think Grolsch comes from an area in The Netherlands that they put soemthing in the water, and so if you're not from this area- that beer might give you headaches?
Oh man, I can't remember what my buddy Paul told me long time about this beer... I was waaay wasted when I heard that story..lol

Stormrider1981 said:
Great beer, but you should definitely try Westmalle Tripel if you get the chance. Truly a great beer. "Baby" :p

Belgian Triple is one of my favorite style of beers...
especially with light dinner because the beer is so heavy !
I miss good triples with 4cm head! .... :cry: