So, uhh Nevermore, is that hardcore or something?

didnt say that it didnt happen, just that i cant remember. maybe i am too old.

i have the sense that it didnt happen though. LOL

I've had the same situation happen lots of times whilst wearing my Amon Amarth t-shirt, or SYL shirt. "Hey, Strapping Young Lad, what is that, a brand-name?" or, "hey, I"ve heard Amon Amarth, they're that really bad country band."

Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams make for really bad gas the next day. :ill:

Back in the day, I used to wear this Venom shirt that had on the front of it a bound naked chick that was about to get probed by a bunch of little trolls. People were too scared to say anything.

Wearing a metal shirt is more of a pose to support the band, rather than to categorize yourself into a stereotype. Thats what people don't see.

derek said:
It's worse when they generalise things about your personality based upon a metal shirt.

It's even better when people at metal shows generalize things about my personality when I show up in an american eagle polo or some shit :lol:

FretsAflame said:
It's even better when people at metal shows generalize things about my personality when I show up in an american eagle polo or some shit :lol:

Tell me about it! I wore a white t-shirt and jeans to a show and the kids we're calling me a trendy!

Sufficed to say, I beat them up.

derek said:
Tell me about it! I wore a white t-shirt and jeans to a show and the kids we're calling me a trendy!

Sufficed to say, I beat them up.

You sir, are my kind of guy :lol:

Reminds me of the time I went to dimmu + cryptopsy.

AnvilSnake said:
Wearing a metal shirt is more of a pose to support the band, rather than to categorize yourself into a stereotype. Thats what people don't see.

For me it's mostly to meet other metal heads. It is kind of rare, but it definitely has worked in my favor.

FretsAflame said:
You sir, are my kind of guy :lol:

Reminds me of the time I went to dimmu + cryptopsy.

:lol: I was at a cryptopsy show too! I'm just a regular guy and I dress regular...I'm not really into *looking* metal.

and yus, the kids deserved some beating! :lol:

derek said:
:lol: I was at a cryptopsy show too! I'm just a regular guy and I dress regular...I'm not really into *looking* metal.

and yus, the kids deserved some beating! :lol:

Hahaha no shit, really?

Yeah, I'm basically the same way. Although I dressed metal enough for the Jaxx show, couldn't let the boardies down!

Yeah, they toured here a little while ago with Dew Scented. This sorta stuff always happens to me at gigs, cause I'm not very metal...bar the tattoos.

It's pretty good though, cause I ALWAYS get served at the bar first.

derek said:
Yeah, they toured here a little while ago with Dew Scented. This sorta stuff always happens to me at gigs, cause I'm not very metal...bar the tattoos.

It's pretty good though, cause I ALWAYS get served at the bar first.

Haaahaha, cause you stick out so much?

Cause most folks who work at the venues are just regular folks, not into metal. So they serve the dude who isnt dressed in black with long hair and chains first.

No complaints here :D

I go to any concert the same way I dress outside of my own house. Which is a dress shirt or t-shirt and pants. To be honest, I actually like wearing dress pants and dress shirts. They're comfortable. But I wear jeans and t-shirts more than anything.

Yeah, me too. Jeans and t-shirts. I have a series of "metal" baseball shirts which I wear because I reckon they make me look sexy :p (maiden, priest, metallica, megadeth, anthrax, testament and ozzy ones :lol: )

Wow it happened to me so many times.. I can't even count. How come some of
you never had to deal with the idioticy of people????
Lucky bastards! :lol:

"hey you.. whats that on your shirt?"
"so say, is that a Punk band?"
"hey that thing on your shirt is evil looking, are you evil?"
"you like metal???? like Guns N Roses?"
"oh wow ilove your hard core style"
"hey, is that a metal shirt? I used to like metal back in the day, old school, like Cradle..."

oh man, I can't even count.. you just get dumb remarks from people in bars/ parties/ stores/ malls/ etc etc...

Yup, pretty much everywhere!

I always feel bad for wanting to punch people who try to talk *metal* to me and fail...cause they really do mean well. I generally just agree and say HOW awesome metallica are, even tho, IMO, testament smoked them in the 80s :p