FINALLY VHT DELIVERENCE CAB IMPULSES (THESE SOUND REAL GOOD)

reneisgod

Rene
Aug 28, 2006
Scotland
en-gb.facebook.com
Didnt think it was appropriate posting these in my previous post when i 1st attempted doing an impulse of this cab thatw as more of a HELP ME POST.

Anyways after much testing and general pulling my hair out heres 5 impulses of the VHT DELIVERANCE CAB. I generally think these sound real good and there full of life im pritty sure you guys will like them.

would love to hear these in a mix !

theres a .txt file in the folder explaining what i done, what gear and so on.

thanks

.rar file as usual you will need winrar to unzip these.
thanks for all the helps and tips guys in creating these.

http://upload2.net/page/delete/code/ZXjkuPbWMvpN1Go/pwd/5Vwl3q1OX8sxQiM

shit i forgot to cut the start and tail on these !
im guessing by now u guys know how to do that ?
im off to bed ill upload them with the tails cut tomorrow if u can do it urself its fairly easy open up soundforge or whatever wave editor you use load the file cut the silence at the start and end

soz

I think post EQ by a DAW on an impulse response file is not a good idea, since most of the EQ plugins are zero-phase. This means they do a FFT and the result is, as you can see on those impulses, that the tail is preceding the main peak.
If you simply cut it, you change the frequency response, if you don't, you get longer latency.
Anyway, apart from that these impulses sound quite good.

p.s. you write in the text file that this is 2x12 cab, even though I would swear it's a 4x12. How exactly do you place the mic? 1 inch away from the dust cap of the speaker or 1 inch away of the grill cloth? Are the speakers front loaded?

I tried these in Revalver which has a cpu usage meter and it was spiking at 90% and there is severe popping and cracking . Did I do something wrong? From what I could hear they sound good.

Unless the start and tail is cut you will get extremely high latency (this is my fault)
I still have the org samples i forgot to tick mp transform button while deconvoling these doh.
This should insure the samples have a sharper attack and ill cut the tails.

what do you mean by front loaded speakers ?

This is 2x12 my friend the impulses were recorded extremely loud, I swear if i never had the ear pluggs in the mid high frequencies from the test tone would have done my ears some proper damage.

I actually spent a tone of time with the mic placement
must have done (no shit) about 100 impulses total
tried the mic in every possible position and i found that the mic (shure 57)
just of the centre of the cone about quarter of an inch to the right off the centre
and about 1 inch back sounded best.

no mic pre was used,
I had issues with this in my previous attemps and deicded to remove it from
the chain altogether.

Dunno if you seen my other posts but this is just 1 of many impulses
i have a bognar cab jcm 800 and peavey 5150 cab coming up next

jcm 800s being next in line : )

I wouldn't say these are the best impulses ever haha ! it is a 2x12 cab afterall.
They have the rawness and edge of a 2x12
there not as clean as guitarhacks impulses but i think
they have a little more life to them which could be bad or good
depending on what you do with them

Im sure the jcm 800 is going to sound killer (they will be getting done next wed)

cheers

yup soz its the fat bottom

(this isnt my cab)

along with the others these are all borrowed from friends, studios.....
havent done much research on the cab.
I was told it was a deliverance cab but just looked at the site thats the 4x12 model
so yup this is the 2x12 fat bottom with the v30s

sorry about that

P50E speakers ;-) sorry to be picky. Thanks for your effort mate i'm just getting into this impulse thing myself and have been getting some great results out of guitarhack's impulses hopefully yours will help me aceive awesome tones too.

Chris

Tried right now, sounds pretty cool! thank you!
With KeFIR/Revalver RIR sound ok, but with Boogex, when I stop playing, I hear a little delay... Is anyone experiencing it too?

Good impulses btw!
Thanks again

again this is the tail, if u open ur sound editor and cut of the tail you wont get the delay and this will also give you 0 latency and save up alot of resources especially if ur using revalver. Im giving this cab one more go again tonight im going to put the mic pre back into the game use moderate gain boost see what kinda results i get

How do i use it on my guitar i have a POD xt and Cubase SX3 i tried to open it in SIR but it didnt work out. can anyone help out?

Didnt think it was appropriate posting these in my previous post when i 1st attempted doing an impulse of this cab thatw as more of a HELP ME POST.

Anyways after much testing and general pulling my hair out heres 5 impulses of the VHT DELIVERANCE CAB. I generally think these sound real good and there full of life im pritty sure you guys will like them.

would love to hear these in a mix !

theres a .txt file in the folder explaining what i done, what gear and so on.

thanks

.rar file as usual you will need winrar to unzip these.
thanks for all the helps and tips guys in creating these.

http://upload2.net/page/delete/code/ZXjkuPbWMvpN1Go/pwd/5Vwl3q1OX8sxQiM

soz

Ive downloaded it and tried to open it trough SIR but i didnt work. im using Cubase XS3. and a Pod XT. what am i doin wrong. do i need another plug in to open it in because i isnt working?

http://upload2.net/page/delete/code/JuXDPejnyxvi2ha/pwd/tQTkGhZPu7Ukfh9

finally got the tails cut

erm dude u should just use voxengo boogex its free, the impulse files r just wave files load them into boogex they should just work u dont have to do anything special here.

remember and switch of the cab sim on ur pod or these will really sound shocking.

make sure your getting the signal from ur pod to computer 1st then load boogex in one of ur audio tracks click load file select one of the impulses and seriously it should just work man

im kinda in the middle of re doing these impulses making them alot better bnut if some of u like these ones thats cool but i will upload a better batch soon of the vht impulses then as ive said ill move onto another cab BIGGER cabs not sure im getting
what i want outta this 2x12 hehe

http://upload2.net/page/delete/code/JuXDPejnyxvi2ha/pwd/tQTkGhZPu7Ukfh9

erm dude u should just use voxengo boogex its free, the impulse files r just wave files load them into boogex they should just work u dont have to do anything special here.

remember and switch of the cab sim on ur pod or these will really sound shocking.

make sure your getting the signal from ur pod to computer 1st then load boogex in one of ur audio tracks click load file select one of the impulses and seriously it should just work man

im kinda in the middle of re doing these impulses making them alot better bnut if some of u like these ones thats cool but i will upload a better batch soon of the vht impulses then as ive said ill move onto another cab BIGGER cabs not sure im getting
what i want outta this 2x12 hehe

Ok! thanx now it works and sounds good. :headbang: