Finntroll - Jaktens Tid

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I gave these guys a quick listen once before, and they didn't manage to catch my ear. After they fared so well in the RC64, I put them back on my list. Anyway, I'm spinning "Jaktens Tid" while I work, and it's kind of making me smile. Does anyone else think this CD sounds like a Heavy Metal cartoon? Not in a bad way, just in a sort of Playful Death Metal sort of way.

By the way, is this their best work? Keep in mind, I don't care for CDs with shit production.

Zod

None have shit production , you'll like Nattfodd best.

End of discussion :cool:

I like Nattfödd a lot and want to hear their other shitz, such as Jaktens Tid.

metal bands that have fun > metal bands that don't have fun

Nattfodd and Midnattens Widunder (their first one) are both excellent. Visor Om Slutet is as well, but it isn't metal. It's part acoustic troll-folk and part ambient. Very good for driving through the woods at night.

General Zod said:
I gave these guys a quick listen once before, and they didn't manage to catch my ear. After they fared so well in the RC64, I put them back on my list. Anyway, I'm spinning "Jaktens Tid" while I work, and it's kind of making me smile. Does anyone else think this CD sounds like a Heavy Metal cartoon? Not in a bad way, just in a sort of Playful Death Metal sort of way.

By the way, is this their best work? Keep in mind, I don't care for CDs with shit production.

Zod

I'd say Jaktens tid is musically somewhere between their first album (Midnattens widunder) which is somewhat harsher and more "metal", while Nattfödd is a bit too melodic and up-beat at times, while still being very enjoyable.

I personally like Jaktens tid the best, it still has aggression while still being extremly melodic and folky, though Midnattens widunder has their best song, namely the title track: http://s10.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0O12PQJA3VXR61Y5XUZMQMU3VT :hotjump:

Midnattens Widunder is their best, but all Finntroll is equally stunning. And as for that video (if it's real), that kid is a fool and I hope he died.

Marksveld said:
Midnattens Widunder is their best, but all Finntroll is equally stunning. And as for that video (if it's real), that kid is a fool and I hope he died.
hahahahahaha remember that time you chugged a bottle of mead????? UNRULY.

(no I'm not saying that's the same thing because obviously it isn't, it just sparked a great memory)

Hahaha yeah, that was hands down the best drunk thread ever. Tully is shit compared to that :) There was no chugging, but 19 minutes, DAAAYUM!

Listen to Ensiferum. "Iron" is freakin' awesome. Upbeat, folky, thrashin' madness. Good production, both vocal styles, lots of melody and an epic intro.

"Into battle we ride with Gods by our side, we're strong and not afraid to die. We have an urge to kill and our lust must be fulfilled, we'll fight to end and send our enemies straight to hell!"

:kickass:

Opeth17 said:
Listen to Ensiferum. "Iron" is freakin' awesome. Upbeat, folky, thrashin' madness. Good production, both vocal styles, lots of melody and an epic intro.
This is another band I glossed over quickly. I thought "Iron" was OK, but inconsistent. But then again, I only spun it once.

Zod

i love Finntroll. Jakten's Tid is one of my favorites, since it is more... dancy than the rest. I don't know, it has a stranger vibe than their other releases... well... not as strange as Visor Om Slutet

Finntroll is awesome and SO much more fun than most metal! Their entire concept stemmed from drunken fucking around in the studio! :kickass:

I only have the Trollhammaren EP, where do I go next?

General Zod said:
No way that shit's real.

Zod

Why not?

Ive seen it done in real life with vodka. Just as alchoholic as bacardi superior + much cheaper and harsh. Not sure if the dude got alchohal poisening or not, but hes a real fucked up kid anyways.

Ive done it with half a bottle of vodka, not nearly as hardcore, but still, thought ide just put that in to give myself a bigger e-dick.

He could have just drank all that, walked off screen, and made himself puke it all up within 2 seconds.

Demilich said:
Finntroll is awesome and SO much more fun than most metal! Their entire concept stemmed from drunken fucking around in the studio! :kickass:

I only have the Trollhammaren EP, where do I go next?

if you enjoy that one alot, go for the new one... then Jakten's Tid, then Midnattens Widunder, then Visor Om Slutet

Finntroll is great fun, and one of the catchiest metal bands I've ever heard. Even some friends of mine, who are not into metal, like Finntroll - you decide whether or not that is a bad thing. We actually played "Jaktens Tid" really loudly last night on an open-air "russ-party". I loved the looks in the non-believers' faces :D