Firewind in NYC this Saturday - Who's Coming?

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Am I gonna be the only forum member at the show this coming Saturday? Firewind is headlining at the Gramercy theater...

Hope to see some of you there! =)

Am I gonna be the only forum member at the show this coming Saturday? Firewind is headlining at the Gramercy theater...

Hope to see some of you there! =)

I won't be in NYC on Saturday, but I'll be in Montreal the day after to see FIREWIND headlining at the Foufounes Electriques...

Should be a killer show. The very dull thing though is that I'll have to endure 5 bands I don't give a damn before finally seeing Gus G, Apollo and co...

I managed to randomly win a pair of tickets, so I'll be there with my ProgPower roomie! :D This is my first time going to a NYC show (and my first time going to the actual city in ten years or so), so I'm pretty excited.

I managed to randomly win a pair of tickets, so I'll be there with my ProgPower roomie! :D This is my first time going to a NYC show (and my first time going to the actual city in ten years or so), so I'm pretty excited.

Cool, although I live in CT, the vast majority of concerts I go to (along with another large group of ProgPower regulars) are in NYC. Make sure to stop by and introduce yourself. It's a great group of people!

I had every intention of going to this show. Its on my Birthday and what better way to celebrate. However, I will not be able to attend. I will be in NY but it will be upstate (Albany) as something else came up.

Enjoy I am sure it is going to kickass.

I'll be there. I'm really looking forward to it. This will be my first concert since Atlanta so I'm starting to go through withdrawals...

I do have tickets to sell, and I was planning on being at the Forbidden show, too, but I have practice that night too.

How many would you like? If you like, you can pay me through PayPal with a credit card, and I'll just leave your tickets at the box office with your name on them. Or I could meet you on the day of the show, or, if that doesn't work at all, I can try and go to the Forbidden show tomorrow night. Let me know what's more convenient.

If anyone is going to get an S for Suck, shouldn't it be Firewind? :loco:

booo.jpg

THIS.
Never saw the appeal of this.
In all fairness, I haven't heard a lot of their earlier stuff, but what I have heard of recent stuff was VERY generic.

I am curious to see if Gus' work with the Ozzman will add to ticket sales.

I heard last time they played the Chicagoland area, it was very empty.

For the beginning of their career, absolutely. I *still* think that a lot of the Firewind material is generic. I happen to like their stuff with Apollo, though. When I think of Firewind, I only consider my "fondness" for the band from Allegiance on. Nothing against the previous vocalists, I think they're good but I just like the music on the aforementioned albums more.

There are other bands who deserve an S more than Firewind. I won't name some of these super generic power metal bands that I have in mind (a lot of people here still think they should be a "very high slot" at ProgPower (which is laughable), though. To each their own, I guess.

The first time I saw them, they were touring with Sonata Arctica. They were AWESOME live, and even my husband, who is a picky little thing that usually favors death metal, loved them too.

The first time I saw them, they were touring with Sonata Arctica. They were AWESOME live, and even my husband, who is a picky little thing that usually favors death metal, loved them too.

They are a tight live band for sure. They're not on the top of the genre as some people seem to think, but they're good at what they do.

Nothing wrong with generic. A good song is a good song.
Just for me personally, the last thing I need in my life is a generic power metal band, ya know? Also, as I said, for as much hype as this band gets for having Gus G, you would think the output would be something a bit more stellar. Just my 2 cents.

THIS.
Never saw the appeal of this.
In all fairness, I haven't heard a lot of their earlier stuff, but what I have heard of recent stuff was VERY generic.

I am curious to see if Gus' work with the Ozzman will add to ticket sales.

I heard last time they played the Chicagoland area, it was very empty.

Generic? What is generic and what is not? Firewind surely didn't re-invent the metal style but they're a talented melodic heavy/power metal band with talented musicians, including a killer guitar player and always very good to excellent vocalists (Stephen Fredrick on the 1st 2 albums, Chitral Somapala on the 3rd one and now Apollo Papathanasio since the 4th album).

When I listen to heavy metal, I want to hear good riffing, good melodies and catchy choruses. Firewind always gives me this and for that they rule. I'm looking forward to seeing them on Nov. 7, even more since I watched the Live Premonition DVD, which shows that the band is killer live.