Firewind in NYC this Saturday - Who's Coming?

My Nephew is having his First birthday that same day. Love to go, but you only have one first birthday.
If it's his birthday, bring him. If he's got enough finger control to throw horns, he'll have a good time. Just be careful how much vodka you mix into his formula. From what I've seen, that whole under three crowd can't hold their liquor.

Setlist???

Is at home on my desk :bah:

But let's see (and the order will be way off) -
Ark of Lies
World on Fire
Brother's Keeper
My Loneliness
Insanity
The Fire & Fury :headbang:
drum solo (really?)
Till the End of Time
Mercenary Man
Chariot
Destination Forever
Head Up High
Tyranny
Falling to Pieces

I'll try to update later...

Ark of Lies
World on Fire
Brother's Keeper
My Loneliness
Insanity
drum solo (really?)
Till the End of Time
Mercenary Man
Chariot
Destination Forever
Head Up High
Tyranny
Falling to Pieces

Into The Fire must have been played too.

Looking forward to tomorrow if I can recover from this goddamn injury from last night playing soccer... Ugh...

I've always said, singers are a very personal thing. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why a given singer resounds so strongly with one person, but not another with seemingly similar tastes.

StuBlock-INTOETERNITY.jpg

fabio_lione.jpg

joacim1.jpg

Accept_Mark.jpg

Clearly, my taste in vocalists is dependant on one thing:

Long hair.

Clearly, my taste in vocalists is dependant on one thing:

Long hair.

Meanwhile, two of the most amazing singers in the current progressive power metal scene have real short hair...

Now, I must ask you an honest question... How serious were you being when you posted these 4 guys? The reason why I ask is because, although I believe they're all good singers, Stu's voice has really gone downhill from The Scattering of Ashes on. I don't know the reason (or maybe I have a very good idea but won't say it), but he went from a really talented singer to somebody that could barely sing a full song in key. The last few Into Eternity shows I saw were a disappointment mainly because of him - and don't get me wrong, he's an awesome guy.

Well, I do love them, and it's not because they're the most brilliant vocalists everyone. To tell you the truth, sometimes Joacim makes me cringe when he's off key. But I love them for sentimental reasons. My confession; Hammerfall is the first power metal band I ever got into! They made me want to be a metal singer. XP

So I'm not one of those people who hates on vocalists because they're not perfect. I love these guys because of their expression, and like I said, sentimental crap. I feel the same way about Firewind. Know what I love them so much?? The first metal show I ever actually paid to go to (Sonata Arctica), I went there with my husband. When Gus said, "We are'a Firewind! From a'Greece!" my husband's little face lit up. He loved them. So, I love them. They're great, but it's the memories, for me, that makes them great.

Well, I do love them, and it's not because they're the most brilliant vocalists everyone. To tell you the truth, sometimes Joacim makes me cringe when he's off key. But I love them for sentimental reasons. My confession; Hammerfall is the first power metal band I ever got into! They made me want to be a metal singer. XP

So I'm not one of those people who hates on vocalists because they're not perfect. I love these guys because of their expression, and like I said, sentimental crap. I feel the same way about Firewind. Know what I love them so much?? The first metal show I ever actually paid to go to (Sonata Arctica), I went there with my husband. When Gus said, "We are'a Firewind! From a'Greece!" my husband's little face lit up. He loved them. So, I love them. They're great, but it's the memories, for me, that makes them great.

That's fair enough. I can totally understand the "sentimental" value when it comes to a vocalist. Edu Falaschi from Angra is still one of my favorites (even though I know he is not the best live singer anymore). The memories do count though, for sure.

Kinda cool that Firewind was your first metal show that you paid to go to (with Sonata). Mine was Pantera/Slayer/Morbid Angel.

Haha, yeah! And we saw Firewind by accident! I went to see Sonata, who was headlining. It totally solidified my desire to join them on that stage.

Ark of Lies
World on Fire
Brother's Keeper
My Loneliness
Insanity
drum solo (really?)
Till the End of Time
Mercenary Man
Chariot
Destination Forever
Head Up High
Tyranny
Falling to Pieces

So, do you have an update for your setlist? I'm seeing them in 2 days in Montreal. Thanks.

If it's his birthday, bring him. If he's got enough finger control to throw horns, he'll have a good time. Just be careful how much vodka you mix into his formula. From what I've seen, that whole under three crowd can't hold their liquor.
Trust me, I'd love to. Problem is that my SiL barely tolerates me playing Hevisaurus and Nightwish for him. My wife and SiL went completely ballistic when he started banging the keyboard when I played Immortal's "Sons of Northern Darkness". :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, BTW, he uses Chivas Regal for teething. :lol:

Not so sure if I'm going to this anymore, either... turns out my friend had something else going on today, and I'm struggling to find a way to get home. We'll see.

They played a GREAT show at Jaxx last night - you guys and gals up in NYC are in for an awesome show!

Too bad the crowd for Firewind was very small (maybe 100, and that's if they were lucky!). In fact, there were more for Powerglove who were on just before Firewind.

My friend SkiBumMSP (Steve) and I stayed around and got pictures with Gus G. and Apollo. They are GREAT guys! :headbang: :kickass:

Oh, and the Duchess and her band A Sound of Thunder really put on a great show (BTW - nice to have met you in person)... too bad all the other opening bands pretty much were meh. :erk::rolleyes: