First Full Mix (Djent)

Hahaha that's really funny about my guitars being from the Metallica pack! I think it's just Recabinet3 making my guitar sound so damn processed. I think I'm gonna go back to the Recabinet2 impulses.

Its not funny, I have bunch of Metallica Guitar IR pack, it sounds alike haha, your guitar lacking lots of bottom, body, try not to cut too much low mids/mids, if it doesn't sound right let it be, it may because of other instruments that is overpowering the mix that keeps you struggling to mix the guitar. Hehe.

i think the snare is peaking too much and doesnt have the body or the character of a snare a bit anymore? This sounds nice but the enjoyability is lacking to me a bit cuz of it. But hey if you like the smack let it be the smack! The songwriting is cool! If you havent tried, i'd suggest transient designer on the snare instead of getting all the snap with simple compressor. It'll enable you to have more sustain on the snare. Just speculatin dude! Nice song.

EDIT: I mean, try to stuff the transient designer to your snare chain and loosen a bit your compressor and see if you can smuggle some results you may find cool ^^

Thank you very much for the kind words I really appreciate it and I wish I spent more time on writing but ever since I started recording I can't stop myself from constantly tweaking everything to achieve better tones! But like I've said before I like that over-compressed sound of the snare and I've never been able to get that huge smack with the Avatar kit in S2.0 and since I just recently purchased TMF I was able to achieve that so I'm really stoked on it. But I'll give that TRasient Designer by SPL tomorrow!

Yeah man, im not overruning that snare, just a personal thing. I'm actually same on the songwriting issue :E Im compelled by tweaking. Everytime im recording shit, the tweaking snot drops out from the nose and kills the fucking flow. I HATE it. I wish i've let the professionals do the mixing and just played the damn guitar on the bands and ask for impossibilities from the cool mixers/producers. But naghh. Fucking audio complex...

i think the snare is peaking too much and doesnt have the body or the character of a snare a bit anymore? This sounds nice but the enjoyability is lacking to me a bit cuz of it. But hey if you like the smack let it be the smack! The songwriting is cool! If you havent tried, i'd suggest transient designer on the snare instead of getting all the snap with simple compressor. It'll enable you to have more sustain on the snare. Just speculatin dude! Nice song.

EDIT: I mean, try to stuff the transient designer to your snare chain and loosen a bit your compressor and see if you can smuggle some results you may find cool ^^

Wow bro that transient designer really helped a lot.

And I'd honestly like to thank everyone here for all the help. All of you guys taught me a lot since I first made this post. I'd like to show you guys a comparison to where I started and where I'm at now

Before:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9875484/Song 2 Demos/Song 2 Attempt 3.mp3

After:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9875484/Song 2 Demos/Attempt 5.9.6.mp3

Snare is better now for sure, but don't be afraid to lift it a bit. You've get so much critisism that it's best to record the song ready now as the sound is good and when theres more parts there will be dozens of more opinions, of the mix!

Snare is better now for sure, but don't be afraid to lift it a bit. You've get so much critisism that it's best to record the song ready now as the sound is good and when theres more parts there will be dozens of more opinions, of the mix!

That sounds about right man! I think it's time for me to step it up to the next level! I'll keep you guys posted!!!!!

Thank you all so much once again! I really appreciate it!

EDIT: I went back to my Avatar kit but with TMF Kick. This is gonna be my final mix for now :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9875484/Song 2 Demos/Attempt 5.9.7(New Drums).mp3

That sounds about right man! I think it's time for me to step it up to the next level! I'll keep you guys posted!!!!!

Thank you all so much once again! I really appreciate it!

EDIT: I went back to my Avatar kit but with TMF Kick. This is gonna be my final mix for now :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9875484/Song 2 Demos/Attempt 5.9.7(New Drums).mp3

Sounds a lot better than it did originally. Now you just need to have wider guitars. Are these guitars panned 100% L and R? Double tracked or Quad tracked?

Double Tracked L and R 100% but I'm running two sets of them. One set running a 57 and then another set through a 121+421

you should get a new snare sample or something it is thin and weird, I am kinda confused on whether it really fits or not. Guitars sound better though IMO.

Edit: also seems as though the cymbals are way too panned for my taste

Is it just me or is this mix missing a ton of body? I feel like the guitars are ONLY low mids and bass, and that there isn't any presence at all in anything except the snare. Just being honest, I would ask for the same criticism!

the mixxes you have been reposting have been gradually getting worse and worse :/

there is so little mid in this mix that i cant hear anything. all i can hear is guitar hiss and some percussion. you NEED mid freqs in a mix. i know its all djenty to have a scooped mix, but this is too scooped tbh. just add mids to eveything and youll be miles closer right away!

the mixxes you have been reposting have been gradually getting worse and worse :/

there is so little mid in this mix that i cant hear anything. all i can hear is guitar hiss and some percussion. you NEED mid freqs in a mix. i know its all djenty to have a scooped mix, but this is too scooped tbh. just add mids to eveything and youll be miles closer right away!

djent is by definition chaulked full of mids. i think you could use a little high mids to give the rhythms more presence in the mix but if it were me i would just add a subtle ammount because the way it is now sounds pretty good!! the lead really brought out the feeling in this song it sounded really sterile to me before. totally digging you're writing style dude! disclaimer: i'm a newb my advice may suck.