First metal concert

Melody

New Metal Member
Dec 1, 2002
Berlin, Germany
Visit site
I don't know if you guys already had a thread like this but I'm new and I would like to know:

what was the first metal gig you went to? (which band(s) and where did it take place)

My first one was Morbid Angel (and two other bands which I cannot remember right now) in May 2001 or so.. was probably not the best gig I've seen but the first.. and I was new to Death Metal, so maybe you can imagine my first impressions.. but I liked it and time went on and my CD collection went bigger and bigger :D )

Funny thing.. I saw Vintersorg last year but I didn't know him that time and didn't really know who's playing there.. of course it would feel different nowadays to see him playing cause I know the music much better than back then..

Metal concert? hm......does Van Halen count? :rolleyes: If not, Metallica. Both in early 1993. Unlike many of you I started rather late with Metal....but I did my best to catch up :D

Oh, seems to me that I was a bit late concerning metal... well, I'm 20 and before I started to listen to metal, I was more into rock music (which led into the right direction I think, and I still like rock music).. my first "real" metal CD was probably Metal Dreams Vol.1, I wanted to listen to some metal but had no idea about it, so I just bought this one.. I was fascinated by the song "Razorblade Salvation" by Sinergy.. which by the way became kind of "OUR" song for me and my boyfriend (who I met during this period when I began to listen to some metal)..

I begin to wonder why I'm talking (or better said writing) so much here.. well, maybe a lack of conversation during the day or just not the right people here in my surrounding who I could tell all this...

:confused: :)

Originally posted by Gaunerin
Metal concert? hm......does Van Halen count? :rolleyes: If not, Metallica. Both in early 1993. Unlike many of you I started rather late with Metal....but I did my best to catch up :D

Well, my mum did not let me go to a gig, I was listen to metal and hang up posters only... when it came to the fact of wanna see a band live... I had to wait until I got 18...

My first concert was the Red Hot Chili Peppers/Foo Fighters.

My first "metal" concert was probably a local one and I don't really remember the names of the bands.

My first tr00 metal show was Cradle of Filth/Nile/God Forbid.

:D

Seems I was a bit late as well... :(
The first "real" metal-concert was probably Moonspell in -99. Now I'm not rambling 'bout meaningless demo-bands, local shows etc.
No wait, I saw Motörhead in Sweden a few years earlier....1996 perhaps? Dunno...

Originally posted by The Nomad
Actually, I'm trying to put together a list of all the shows I've ever been to. hard, but I'm getting a good start.
Hey Nomad, link isn't working. Is it because you haven't uploaded the list yet or is it an error in the URL?

I actually have a list of all gigs I attended as well. Helps keeping the overall view ;)

in June 1991 i went to my first open-air alternative concerts, where a big Hungarian band played.. and a few weeks later i went to the Monsters of Rock 1991 - Metallica, AC/DC, Queensryche and Mötley Crüe played there.

My first show was back in 1994.. It was Fear Factory, Flotsam and Jetsam, Korn and Megadeth.. Great show.. I still have fond memories of leaving the show with no voice and not being able to hear anything.. Walking through a casion lobby (It was at Stateline Nevada) with a bunch of other people just screaming, with grandma's and grandpa's giving us weird looks while they were trying to gamble. ;-) And it was better that it was 4 "metal" bands, I think it was right before, or after Korn's first CD came out..